Southeast Asia's Best City To Live In: Please Vote

JR Texas

JR Texas to all: Please select one of the places below as the best place to live in Southeast Asia. 16 cities are listed from five countries (Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines). You can only select one of them. Please select one city and state why you think it is the best place to live.

PROBLEM: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SET UP THIS POLL.......NEED HELP.......PLEASE SET IT UP AND THEN WE CAN VOTE. FEEL FREE TO CORRECT MY SPELLING AND ADD CITIES YOU THINK SHOULD BE INCLUDED:

THAILAND:

Phuket

Pattaya

Bangkok

Ko Chang

Krabi

Chiang Mai

MALAYSIA:

Penang

Kuala Lumpur

VIETNAM:

Nha Trang

Dalit

CAMBODIA:

Sihanoukville

PP

Siem Riep

PHILIPPINES:

Angeles City

Baguio

Puerto Galerna

Whats the point anyway. This is Thaivisa. One of the Thai cities would win and it wouldn't mean anything. Pretty loose concept of cities there too. Koh Chang???

wheres samui ,if your gonna do it do it right :o

La Union....pronounced La Onion just outside San Fernando in the Phillipines is very laid back......Think ABBA wrote a song about it... :o ..not far from the ( name dropping)..the Bali Hi beach resort and my fav hidaway when over there ..the Koala bar....and Southern Palms.......COOL..

Gotta a mate who is trying to buy a gaff over there but it seems to be going on forever...Agents are worse than LOS...

I can only say Bangkok as that's the only place on the list I've lived. Chiang Mai might be nice though.

JR Texas: Guess I messed this one up.........Bangkok was just voted the best "Third World" city (totally beyond belief), so I thought I would try to get views from people on the best city in Southeast Asia. I left out Singapore, probably the best city, because it is no doubt too expensive for most of the expats to live in that currently live in Thailand. Maybe another person, smarter than me, can present us with some interesting poll.........sure is getting boring around here.

I could be wrong, but I thought Bangkok was voted the World's third best city, rather than the Third World's best city.

I'd find it hard to believe that the term "Third World" would be used in any survey in today's PC climate.

They used to be called "Tin Pot Little Dictatorships", then worked their way through "Third World" to "Lesser Developed Countries" and finally "Emerging Economies". :o

it's Dalat not Dalit in Vietnam and why there's no Hanoi? Nha Trang is good for a vacation but def not for living in. It's like living in koh samet. Hanoi is much better

Yup. I agree 100%. Ha Noi is much better than Nha Trang for living. Da Lat is nice too, but lacks services.

I can only say Bangkok as that's the only place on the list I've lived. Chiang Mai might be nice though.

JR Texas: Guess I messed this one up.........Bangkok was just voted the best "Third World" city (totally beyond belief), so I thought I would try to get views from people on the best city in Southeast Asia. I left out Singapore, probably the best city, because it is no doubt too expensive for most of the expats to live in that currently live in Thailand. Maybe another person, smarter than me, can present us with some interesting poll.........sure is getting boring around here.

You know, man...all he wanted was for you guys to pick one of the cities he presented, but all you can do is criticize. He's just trying to do something a little interesting and all you can do is shoot him down and mock him. What great bunch of people you are.

I could be wrong, but I thought Bangkok was voted the World's third best city, rather than the Third World's best city.

I'd find it hard to believe that the term "Third World" would be used in any survey in today's PC climate.

They used to be called "Tin Pot Little Dictatorships", then worked their way through "Third World" to "Lesser Developed Countries" and finally "Emerging Economies". :D

Yeh, same way in the US. They used to call those who broked the laws by sneaking in to the country : Illegal Aliens, then later on they are called ' illegal immigrants'. Lately, even Bush uses the term - 'undocument immigrants. :o

They used to be called "Tin Pot Little Dictatorships", then worked their way through "Third World" to "Lesser Developed Countries" and finally "Emerging Economies". :o

The survey was only for "travel/holiday" purposes not to live in.