Looking for a hotel for one night near MRT/BTS that doesn't require reservations

ultramarine

Hi All,

Soon I'll be moving to a small town about 50 km outside Bangkok.  I'm hoping to come in to town about once a week to shop and visit friends but wanted to stay overnight to avoid the late night commute back home.   I was wondering if forum members could recommend any decent and inexpensive hotels near the MRT or BTS that don't require a reservation far in advance.  

I'm not looking for short time hotels or anything like that -- just a place I can go to sleep without having to necessarily set up a reservation ahead of time.  Are there places where you have a good chance of finding a room coming in off the street? 

Thanks!

Look at Agoda or any other booking site for hotel prices and accommodation, then just decide which one you fancy, and on arrival day you just go there.

Every hotel in Thailand has a walk-in option, and unless you arrive in high season, they will have rooms available

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Look at Agoda or any other booking site for hotel prices and accommodation, then just decide which one you fancy, and on arrival day you just go there.

Every hotel in Thailand has a walk-in option, and unless you arrive in high season, they will have rooms available

Thanks for the advice.  I know there is a walk-in option -- often with cheaper walk-in prices -- but yes high season could be a problem.   And thanks tomazbodner for the PR Place suggestion. 

Depends where you are moving to. If you are moving to the north of Bangkok then a hotel around Rangsit might be best. If moving to the east or west that's something different. Need to know where you are moving and what your budget is if you want more specific  advice.

Don't look on Agoda, they are a ripoff, but if you insist realise you will not see the real price until you give over your payment details at checkout and that is when they add on their cut! You can't go by the advertised price when you search on their site.

I have stayed at Bourbon Street a few months ago - Soi Ekamai (can walk to Ekmmai BTS).

Rooms were good and around 1000 - 1200 Baht a night. They don't really do online booking - you call them.

Edited by iaminwa
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iaminwa said:

Don't look on Agoda, they are a ripoff, but if you insist realise you will not see the real price until you give over your payment details at checkout and that is when they add on their cut! You can't go by the advertised price when you search on their site.

I have stayed at Bourbon Street a few months ago - Soi Ekamai (can walk to Ekmmai BTS).

Rooms were good and around 1000 - 1200 Baht a night. They don't really do online booking - you call them.

Op - ignore the above post - its rubbish.

Agoda and Booking.com are probably your best and simplest option, especially via an App on the phone.

The prices you see on both Apps (agoda and booking) are the price you will pay and usually no more expensive than going direct (and often cheaper).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Check out Victory Executive Residence at Victory Monument.  Roof top pool, sauna and weight room. 2 blocks to the BTS, 1 stop to the Airport Railway, next to a small mall with plenty of food options.

And King Power is next door. Price is very decent as are the staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:59 AM, kingstonkid said:

If you are looking for an apartment just to sleep there are a few at Nana.  of course the plaza is a top spot but also the Rose.  

There re a lot of hotels right around the NANA Bts that have openings. 

If you are at Silom then there are a few also.  

Best bet is to decide where you want to flop or where you are going drinking and then book a room either using a website or calling in advance.  

I also have the last train at 11 bs.  

Also check with cabbies for the same price one might drive you home.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Taxis are about 1500-2000 baht.  So near the same price as a hotel but not a good option. 

On 9/26/2023 at 2:48 AM, Denim said:

Depends where you are moving to. If you are moving to the north of Bangkok then a hotel around Rangsit might be best. If moving to the east or west that's something different. Need to know where you are moving and what your budget is if you want more specific  advice.

I'll be in Chachoengsao.  The train and bus are convenient but stop running at 7 pm.  I think the BKK hotel should be anywhere near a BTS or MRT station for fast connections.  I usually take the train from Chachoengsao to BKK.  I get off at the Asoke SRT station which is across the street from the Petchaburi MRT station.  Easy.  The bus or minivan terminates at Ekkamai.  Budget is 1000-1500 baht. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ultramarine said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  Taxis are about 1500-2000 baht.  So near the same price as a hotel but not a good option. 

LoL ok you live a little further out than me.  I have stayed at rose although usually sort time yo can get overnight