As i posted yesterday,is it legit to buy and own land on Koh Samui? here are some of the plots available for sale!!!!!

1. RIVERSIDE Unique land on the banks of a river that flows into the sea at Ban Thale on the south coast, only ¼ mile away. Long river frontage on which 1 or more boat docks could be constructed. Beautifully quiet area with no adjacent developments. Level land of nearly 3/4 acre ready for a magnificent riverside estate, or construction of several villas with pool for rental income.

Size: 0.7 acres Price: UKP 70,000

4. HILLSIDE VIEW On the west coast close to Ban Taling Ngam and the prestigious Meridien hotel, a hillside plot with unobstructed ocean, sunset and island views. Located 200 yards back from the sea and sloping up the hillside, this land is ideal for 1 stunning, very private and peaceful home with integrated pool, or for several luxury villas and pool providing rental income.

Size: 2 acres Price: UKP 50,000

5. HILLSIDE VIEW Above and overlooking the beautiful Phang Ka bay in the SW corner of the island, this plot has views across the bay to the hills and out to the west coast sea beyond. 100yards back and up from the bay with no surrounding developments. Nicely wooded 1 acre that can be landscaped to provide a beautiful setting for 1 or more luxury homes with pools.

Size: 1 acre Price: UKP 72,000

6. HILLSIDE VIEW In the SW and only 1 mile from Phang Ka bay this 2.8 acre hillside plot has magnificent views to the ocean and to the surrounding coconut covered hills. With a low price of UKP 80,000 this land is an excellent opportunity to build a magnificent family home with pool, and also construct several villas for rental income.

Size: 2.8 acres Price: UKP 80,000

there are only 2 ways for a non thai to "own" land and neither of them leave you as the owner, 1) have a thai put the land in her name and lease it back for 30years or 2) set up a company and own 49% of the company and the company owns the house.

there are several threads disussing the pro and cons of each.

I sense you think you have to act quickly before all the land is sold.

These land deals will be here long enough.

I suggest you first come over here and look at the land and at the other 100.000 acre that is for sale to see if it is really that good an investment.

I think it is way overpriced.

I feel when it is mentioned in the newspaper as a good investment you are already 2-3 years too late.

Buying land too make a quick buck is most of the time not posible unless you are very lucky or have some inside information.

Just my experiences