18 days in Europe with AIS

MarcelV

Here's the deal: I'll be traveling to Western Europe (2 different countrues) in October and I'm wondering whether to get a Ready2Fly package or a Sim2Fly SIM card (eSIM or regular SIM).

I'll be there for 18 days including arrival and departure dates, and I need at least 5 GB 4G internet, plus some affordable phone call minutes.

The R2F bundles of my carrier, AIS, are pretty expensive when including phone calls. Last year I paid about 3800 baht for their "Hot" package.

This year I've been looking into a Sim2Fly SIM card. 

What do you think suits my needs best?

Do you have an iPhone or e-Sim Android then services like Airola are pretty good?

If speed is important then be careful though as a lot of roaming package deals put you on lowest tier service level - I was getting 1mbit/sec on roaming, and a friend was getting 50mbit/sec, we both had same phones and we were both connected to same network. Difference was he had a local sim card, and I had a roaming package via one of the Thai incumbents. This wasn't consistent though in all countries.

14 minutes ago, circa02 said:

Do you have an iPhone or e-Sim Android then services like Airola are pretty good?

If speed is important then be careful though as a lot of roaming package deals put you on lowest tier service level - I was getting 1mbit/sec on roaming, and a friend was getting 50mbit/sec, we both had same phones and we were both connected to same network. Difference was he had a local sim card, and I had a roaming package via one of the Thai incumbents. This wasn't consistent though in all countries.

I had great speed with the AIS package I bought last year. It was very expensive though and I'm looking to get better value for money.

I have an old Xiaomi Android phone btw. Not sure if it can even accommodate an eSim. 4G is the maximum speed for sure.