New Brand Of Ice Seized At Thai-Lao Checkpoint

webfact

image.jpeg

THAI CUSTOMS officials together with police and military officers seized 50 one-kilogramme packets of crystal methamphetamine (Ice) at the Third Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge (Nakhon Phanom-Khammouane) checkpoint from a truck that had come across the border with this lot of the drug carrying a new brand, 99 Durian, written in black English letters, Naewna newspaper said this afternoon (Oct. 3).

The logo of the new brand of Ice, found in two fertiliser sacks hidden in the truck, is two durians cut in half. Atop the moisture-proof packaging is also a thumbs-up emblem surrounded by encircled five-pointed stars.

The trading price is approximately 1 million baht a kilogramme with the amount seized being worth 50 million baht.

by TNR Staff

TOP: The new Ice brand 99 Durian shown on the packages seized at the Thai-Lao checkpoint. Photo: Naewna

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

A little less unimaginable suffering hits the streets, good. I think Siam may need to get the reputation as "great place to smoke Pot, but really really strict place for hard drugs = jail/death". A few public executions of drug makers, and the drug problem destroying the World would diminish. I see no other way and am involved with Drug Rehabs in Thailand and Australia. Aus is awash in Coke and Meth at present but have not seemed to have discovered Crack. Once they do, it will not be pretty. Stuff of nightmares. China is making a lot of this stuff, they know about all citizens and could stop a lot of this if they chose to. 

IH

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

A little less unimaginable suffering hits the streets, good. I think Siam may need to get the reputation as "great place to smoke Pot, but really really strict place for hard drugs = jail/death". A few public executions of drug makers, and the drug problem destroying the World would diminish. I see no other way and am involved with Drug Rehabs in Thailand and Australia. Aus is awash in Coke and Meth at present but have not seemed to have discovered Crack. Once they do, it will not be pretty. Stuff of nightmares. China is making a lot of this stuff, they know about all citizens and could stop a lot of this if they chose to. 

IH

I was wondering if China is involved with meth in Thailand via Laos, like they are with fentanyl in the west via Mexico. thanks for confirming it. all part of their destabilizing program, they get cash and we get problems, win-win for Xi

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...