What's the deal with long-term Cambodia visas?

10 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I mean, what did you do that you need to stay in Cambodia for as long as possible? ????

I asked 'how long can I stay with a visa' there... (If you need to know, I was looking for a visa to stay for six or twelve months.) - Same people ask 'how long can I stay in Thailand'. Are you new to the forum?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 10/5/2023 at 7:13 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Can I apply for a business visa? Where, and how much? And how long can I stay with it in Cambodia?

You enter Cambodia on an E visa which is for 30 days. After three weeks approximately go to a visa agent for example in Phnom Penh, Call Kim, Marany or Lucky and ask them which visa suits your needs. Probably be the EB _EOS. They are good and reliable agents who can get things done.

You can get the E visa on arrival or in advance online which costs a few dollars more

If you want to phone one of the agents most Khmer seem to use telegram or whatsup

Edited by my friend I
  • Like 1

Have a look here

https://movetocambodia.com/planning-your-move-to-cambodia/cambodia-visas/

Some info that could be useful

Cambodian “ordinary” visas (E class). If you are considering staying in Cambodia for an extended period of time, you will need to apply for a 30-day E-class visa (not an online e-visa) when you arrive. This is also valid for 30 days and costs $35. The difference between the ordinary visa and the tourist visa is that the ordinary one can be extended indefinitely. After 30 days, when you go to extend your visa, you can choose an EB, EG, ER, or ES visa extension, known as an EOS, or extension of stay.

Previously, there used to be only one E-class visa extension, known as the “business” or “ordinary” visa. In 2017 a new set of E-class extension of stay types became available. (These are in no way related to the electronic visa, also confusingly known as the e-visa).

The four E-class visas are:

EB visa extension. The EB business EOS covers most Cambodia expats, including those who are working and their partners and children, freelancers, and volunteers. The current rules (as of January 2019) require applications to provide a stamped letter verifying their employment with a Cambodian company). This renewable visa extension can last for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, although only the 6- and 12-month visa extension allow multiple entries.

Spouses and children of EB visa holders can submit the visa-holder’s employment letter, which should state that the company supports the application for the spouse’s EB EOS as a non-working dependent, and include the dependents’ passport information. They should also bring proof of their relationship to the visa holder to renew their own visa extensions.

Those who are self-employed and have registered a business can write a letter confirming their own employment. This letter must be stamped with a business stamp that can be purchased at any stamp shop for less than $15. Other self-employed people who do not have a business registered have had success getting a stamp with their name on it and writing a letter confirming that they are self-employed, but your mileage may vary if you have not registered a business.

Be aware that the EB visa extension does not confer the right to work in Cambodia. In order to be legally employed, you will need a Cambodian work permit. Once you have the EB visa extension, at any point in the future the immigration police may ask to see your business license, work contract, and work permit, or a letter confirming the purpose of your stay.

EG visa extension. The EG visa extension is intended for those searching for employment, and can last 1, 3, or 6 months. Those who have had previous EB visa extensions may or may not be granted an EG visa, as they are not intended for those who have already been in the country long term. Many people have been able to renew the EG visa extension once, but as always, your mileage may vary. It is unknown if it can be renewed more than once.

ER visa extension. The new retirement visa extension is meant for those of retirement age who can show documentation of retirement in their home country (such as a pension or Social Security) and prove that they have the funds to support themselves. ER visa extensions are usually only granted to those who are 55 and up, but some have reported being able to get one at a younger age. Those 55 and up are not usually asked to show evidence of retirement, but those under 55 will be asked. Often, proof of savings is enough. The criteria for those under 55 have not been defined and varies depending on which agent you use to apply. The ER visa extension cannot be used if the visa holder is employed, but holders of this visa extension do not need to get a work permit. The ER retirement visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

ES visa extension. The ES visa extension is a student visa. Applicants for the ES visa extension need to provide a letter from a registered Cambodian school, as well as evidence of sufficient funds to support themselves. The ES student visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

Once you have your first 30-day E-class visa for Cambodia, you can apply for one of the extension of stay visas listed above from inside the country for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. It’s advisable to extend it for 6 or 12 months, as these visa types are multiple-entry. The 1- and 3-month visas are single-entry only, meaning that if you leave for a weekend trip to Vietnam, you’ll need to get a new Cambodian visa when you return.

It’s important to note that if you are planning on getting a visa on arrival, some airlines will not allow you to enter the country on a one-way ticket. If you are planning on getting a one-way ticket, give yourself extra time at the airport so that if your airline requires you to get a return flight you have time to either search for a cheap flight or bus ticket from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City or Siem Reap to Bangkok, or get a fully refundable flight that you can then cancel once you arrive in Cambodia. It is sometimes also possible to sign a release staying that you will be responsible for procuring a plane ticket out of the country if Cambodia denies you entry.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:13 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Can I apply for a business visa? Where, and how much? And how long can I stay with it in Cambodia?

YES<VOA  $35<
valid for 1 month
extend to 3,6, 12 months
EB,EG,ER  ( work,looking for work, (ONLY 3 months now) retired ( over 55) 
VERY easy/simple
6,12 month extension are multiple entry

If ur under 55, but want stay a year, an agent will "assist":-)
IN fact use an agent always.....
Extensions ONLY issued in PP

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thanks 1

55 for RE extension
Could apply for a EG extension ( looking for work) used to be valid for 6 months , not sure if thats still the case, otherwise 3 months and she'd need leave and repeat
or using an agent and paying a bit more, an EB extension ( working)