Airasia - Paying Cash

INTJ

Hi,

Does anybody know where it is possible to book and pay cash for Air Asia tickets direct to the company ? Is there a booth at the airport where you can pay the same amount as the advertised fare on the net ?

There are some travel agents that do bookings but they charge an extra booking fee, however I am booking four tickets so would prefer to save that commission if at all possible.

Cheers.

Edited by INTJ

I remember that Air Asia charges Bt250 for each ticket plus 7% VAT on the total cost.

However, there are ways around this.

Get a web card from Kaisikorn Bank - free and only takes one day - then pay on the internet.

Get someone else to pay. I know people who book others onto Air Asia flights to Malaysia and pay with their card. There appears to be no problem doing this. So get someone else to pay for the tickets.

Just ring and book over the phone and then take your code to any 7/11 and pay there....... it only worked out 200 baht more expensive than the internet advertised rate for me to do it that way..... oh sorry i forgot the 20 baht 7/11 fee......... either way not a lot more.

Does anybody know where it is possible to book and pay cash for Air Asia tickets direct to the company ? Is there a booth at the airport where you can pay the same amount as the advertised fare on the net ?

Apart from the other payment methods already detailed, there is a booth at every airport to which air asia flys and you can indeed pay by cash. I wasn't aware that tickets sold from the booths were any more expensive than the internet and it is a bit difficult to check as the internet prices are pretty fluid and change as the plane fills up (as do all budget airlines). So if you buy your tickets on your day of travel they are possibly going to be more expensive than if you purchased them a couple of weeks before by any method.