Washing Machine Spin Speed Vs Voltage in Thailand

rbkk

So, I was going to buy a TCL washing machine/dryer (10Kg/7Kg) that was advertised as 1400RPM in Shopee Product Specifications but 1200RPM in their Product description. This confusion led me to a different (Hisense) brand /model (10Kg/6Kg). The Hisense is in transit. Pondering the discrepency has led me to voltage. I'm not an electrician so help is needed! Could it be that 1200RPM is at 220 volts but 1400RPM is at 240 volts? Puting my multimeter in my home socket it says 237 volts. Does this mean the spin speed of the TCL would be 1350+ RPM in my home?  Thank-you in advance for any guidance. Here's a link to the TCL https://shopee.co.th/ใหม่-TCL-WASH-DRY-เครื่องซักอบผ้าฝาหน้า-ซัก-10Kg.-อบ-7Kg.-สีเทาเข้ม-รุ่น-WT11EPWDG-มอเตอร์-Inverter-Direct-Drive-ประหยัดไฟ-ทำงานเงียบ-ผ่อน-0-นาน-10-เดือน--i.106678713.22840242179?sp_atk=c951ef9b-13e3-4e05-820f-43e599e60c77&xptdk=c951ef9b-13e3-4e05-820f-43e599e60c77

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Since the TCL is "inverter direct drive" the supply voltage should have no effect upon the spin speed.

Thank-you so much for your reply. Luckily I didn't believe TCL Thailand Shopee chat who said "it's an import 240v; so 1400RPM is the correct spin speed." Buyer beware! That TCL machine is 1200RPM but you have to scroll down a fair way to find their 2nd advertised speed for the same machine. Deceptive. The Hisense I ordered is 1400RPM but the dryer capacity is 1KG less. Both very similar prices. The experience has put me off TCL now. Interesting to note that Big C online advertise it correctly at 1200RPM. 

• Like 1

It is worth noting that all things the same, larger capacity washers spin more slowly than do smaller capacity washers due to the diameter of the drum. 

Also, I think AC motors run about 20% slower on 50Hz than 60Hz, I don't think the voltage matters. A non-inverter machine marketed in both Thailand and the US would have a different set of specifications. 

• Thanks 1