Non-imm O (Marriage)

Hey

I arrived in Thailand on a visa exemption and I just handed in my Non-imm O (marriage) visa application. Got two questions: 

1. Does my wife have to be with me when I pick up the visa? It's difficult because of her work. 

2. Do I need to update my book bank to show the 400K THB when picking up the visa? 

I know both are true for the 12 mo marriage extension but for the actual visa application I'm thinking it might not be necessary. 

1. 1. It would be better if she was there. For the initial application (and for future extensions) it is an absolute requirement. To get the stamps at the end of the "under consideration" period, some offices would probably be OK with her absence, but I would not rely on that.

Those wanting to minimise their wife's attendance at Immigration would be better off getting the initial Non O visa at an embassy/consulate outside Thailand where just a letter from your wife asking them to issue the visa is sufficient.

2. That depends on the individual office. They might request it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Answer for both is NO.

Wife and up to date bankbook are only needed when submitting the application, not when picking up the stamp.

And the answer -as of today - is also NO for both while getting an extension in later years

• Love It 1