Buying a bus ticket for proof of entry/exit

Hi, I’m a Brit applying for a single entry tourist visa to Thailand at the embassy in Phnom Penh 

I have to provide proof of entry and exit from Thailand. I will be using the bus.

My question is, when I submit all the documents can I provide a copy of a bus ticket  that shows I will leave Thailand 90 days after entering? The visa will be for 60 days but can be extended once I arrive.
Will they give me a 60 day tourist visa with a bus ticket to leave after the visa has expired?

if anyone can help with this, thanks in advance 

Bill

• Haha 1

In PP it's better to go through an agent. Or you could buy a dummy ticket for around 400 Baht. They provide you with a genuine booking that is good for a couple of days. The PP embassy likes giving people a hard time. I am not sure, but kinda doubt they accept a bus ticket.

6 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks for all the answers

i went to the Thai embassy here in Phnom Penh and they told me a bus ticket in and out is acceptable.

I found a company that let’s you change the travel date once, up to 48 hrs before departure 

I looked at the dummy plane ticket but that gets cancelled after 48 hrs. I submitted my application yesterday (Fri 20th) and won’t get my passport back until next Thursday (26th)

They also require 1 passport photo, bank statement, $40 (only $)

Painless process at the embassy, hardly anyone there.

Submit documents, mornings only between 9-11am 

Collection afternoons only between 3-4pm

I’ll update if I get it

cheers

Bill

Which land border are you planning to cross at?

11 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I’ll be crossing at Poipet 

I was stopped there last time by immigration and asked why I didn’t get a visa? They still let me in but this time I’ll have one (if I’m there)

I advised you in this thread 2 days ago not to use that Border this is the worst entry point to use.

Search poipet in this forum and you will see 

Edited by bear9
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I’ll be crossing at Poipet 

Cross your fingers. There is a good chance you will luck out. However, in spite of it being the most convenient land crossing for most people coming from Cambodia, the horror stories about Thai Immigration at that crossing are legion.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks for all your replies

If I’m issued with a visa next Thursday, i’ll then be attempting a border crossing at Poi-pet next Saturday 

I’ll let you know how it goes

Cheers

Doesn't seem logical why you would choose the most risky option out of anywhere to do the border crossing you choose to ignore the advise of others. Ive never used the Poipet border crossing because i actually take notice of all the reports about it on here.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

That's the only one which cross border buses use. 

That’s right.
I don’t think busses cross the Ban Hat Lek border anymore. Sihanoukville to Trat route 

The embassy last week told me I can submit proof of bus tickets into and out of Thailand to obtain a visa

last time I crossed that border back in March, I had no visa and was asked why I didn’t get one. A close call but they still let me in. This time I’ll have a visa

i know there are no guarantees and a lot depends on immigration at the border on the day…still, if I get my visa on Thursday I’m reasonably confident I’ll be allowed to enter

thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it

i’ll report back how I get on

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I don’t think busses cross the Ban Hat Lek border anymore. Sihanoukville to Trat route

You could still do it on your own, that's a much friendlier border than Poi Pet. Public transport from Phnom Penh to Koh Kong, a tuktuk to the border, public transport from the border to the bus terminal in Trat.

On 10/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, Caldera said:

In Phnom Penh in particular, it's well worth to use an agent to apply for a Thai tourist visa. It costs you $20 more, but saves you two round-trips to the Thai embassy. The agent will submit a flight itinerary along with your application that meets the embassy's requirements and costs you nothing.

I did that.

After a week in Phnom Penh I was sad to leave.  I had a blast.

Great food, nice hotel, beautiful girls.  

It's a great way to get a tourist visa and have an adventure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

That’s right.

The embassy last week told me I can submit proof of bus tickets into and out of Thailand to obtain a visa

last time I crossed that border back in March, I had no visa and was asked why I didn’t get one. A close call but they still let me in. This time I’ll have a visa

i know there are no guarantees and a lot depends on immigration at the border on the day…still, if I get my visa on Thursday I’m reasonably confident I’ll be allowed to enter

thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it

i’ll report back how I get on

Cheers

I don't think there were ever any cross border bus services between Thailand and Sihanoukville using that border.