Married After Only 2 Weeks

A friend of mine went to Thailand and met a girl who worked in the hotel, he was on a 2 week holiday he spent a further 10 days and married her !!!!!!!

He is now intending applying for a spouse visa i advised him to wait 3 months as it looks ridiculous and they may see it as somewhat strange possibly an arranged wedding.He is returning in August for the Thai version which will cost him believe me,i advised him to apply in 3 months with further contact pics of wedding etc.The guy has not worked since Dec 2006 and blown in excess of 70 k on nothing he has around 5k left and is renting a property since his return in July 2007. :o

I did tell him to tread carefully but married 2 weeks :D:D UK VISA .

how do we spell this word again ? Oh, yes.....C.A.U.G.H.T. !!

Got to say i agree but this guy knows it all about everything he seems to think he is a special case walk in the Embassy and walk out with a visa.I was out Sat with my wife when he approached me mate as in a guy i used to work with.He is a ten bob millionaire the only guy i know who spends 15000 baht a day on holiday,and he also spent 5 k stirling on gold for her before he returned. :o:D

His money and he can do what he likes with it :o , i saw a guy lose 100k sterling gambling horses in a day , he was a bit upset with himself for getting too involved . His last words to me was its only money :D . Let your mate live the dream i hope it works out for him .

And his visa chances are ??????????

Tough call .............Depends how the guy and his wife present themselves .

He will need to get the marriage registered in Bkk , he will need to show he has steady income and he will need to show that he has a roof over his head .

Embassy does not know he only knew her for 2 weeks :o .

He will need to get the marriage registered in Bkk , he will need to show he has steady income and he will need to show that he has a roof over his head .

Embassy does not know he only knew her for 2 weeks :D .

Of course they will its his first trip one stamp and married :o

Of course they will its his first trip one stamp and married :D

He could have been chating with her on the net or sending love letters for 5 years :bah::D:D .

Life is as hard as he wants to make it :o

JB

What does it matter he's only known the girl for two weeks or two years. Probally end up just the same. Good luck to the man finding his perfect love is such a short time.

Me..... well Id give him a visa if not just out of sympathy as long as he presented himself sober and passed a drug screening ( for escasty) and promised not to change the way he treats the girl and keep things going a the same pace as he met her...............Like F*$#K what sort of girl would get married to a guy she had only known a few weeks let alone move to a "strange" country with him...

I'll tell ya ... a Self Centred ENTERPRISING young lass with $$$ signs reflecting in her eyes. If he was spending as much as you say I bet he's in for a bit of rehab and she probally hasnt seen him in a clear state of mind.

Ya mates A TOSSER

Of course they will its his first trip one stamp and married :D

He could have been chating with her on the net or sending love letters for 5 years :bah::D:D .

Life is as hard as he wants to make it :o

JB

He's never going to be able to convince them of a lasting relationship though, no proof!

Mark

He has just rang told me he has been to get a new copy of his birth cert to add to his file ?????????????????

I said why ..reply was cause i need it?

I said you dont need that your wife does?

Reply look i know what im doing ?

Reply good luck i can put you onto a few websites ?

Reply look i know my stuff ?????????

Is this a piss-take?

The fact is this guy will probably blag his wife a visa!

The sad fact is that many people in loving long term relationships find it very difficult to obtain one.

This thread should be closed.

Mark

Edited by markr

Yes but at least we have had a smile on a Monday morning made me laugh.

why not get someone to plant some yabba in his case,this way he can stay in thailand for decades{bang kwang 5 star hotel}...she wont need a uk visa then,she can visit him daily....and flash the gold bling that the saddo bought her!

He could have been chating with her on the net or sending love letters for 5 years :D:D:D .

Life is as hard as he wants to make it :D

In that case there would be evidence of the relationship with the letters :o

They will want proof of relationship,. i have doubts they wil be going to blighty together

What does it matter he's only known the girl for two weeks or two years. Probally end up just the same. Good luck to the man finding his perfect love is such a short time.

Me..... well Id give him a visa if not just out of sympathy as long as he presented himself sober and passed a drug screening ( for escasty) and promised not to change the way he treats the girl and keep things going a the same pace as he met her...............Like F*$#K what sort of girl would get married to a guy she had only known a few weeks let alone move to a "strange" country with him...

I'll tell ya ... a Self Centred ENTERPRISING young lass with $$ signs reflecting in her eyes. If he was spending as much as you say I bet he's in for a bit of rehab and she probally hasnt seen him in a clear state of mind.

Ya mates A TOSSER

Agreed, i have a friend married a bg, now in the uk together, she works 80 hours a week and sends the lot ( wages ) to thailand, contributes nothing to the household,he on the other hand is working his guts out to support her and his ? daughter,even delivering chinese food at night !,.we all thought he was quite a sensible lad til..........he came to thailand,. there certainly seems no shortage of these sorts !, amazing

Is this a piss-take?

The fact is this guy will probably blag his wife a visa!

The sad fact is that many people in loving long term relationships find it very difficult to obtain one.

This thread should be closed.

Up to him. Thread closed? I dont belive it should be. He's probably not too bright to blag a visa.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can knock someone they have never even met ? so what if the bloke has known her 2 weeks or two years they made a decision to marry and i hope it works out for them , i knew my first wife for 5 years before marrying her and that ended with divorce so what has time got to do with it .

To the post above where his mate supports his wife and child yesssss thats what we do as men :o .

Never ceases to amaze me how people can knock someone they have never even met ? so what if the bloke has known her 2 weeks or two years they made a decision to marry and i hope it works out for them , i knew my first wife for 5 years before marrying her and that ended with divorce so what has time got to do with it .

To the post above where his mate supports his wife and child yesssss thats what we do as men :o .

Not knocking the bloke, its up to him, however his so called mate has posted this so we can all have a laugh at his expense!

My husband "claimed" he knew he was going to marry me the day he met me. Informed me of his intentions (a while later) and I thought, yeah,, right... .

He got his way, and we have been married for quite a while now.

Some old, old, old people, can tell you stories of knowing each other for a week, getting married, and then they have been married for decades.

You never know.. she may be the one.

He's your mate though!

You should be putting him right.

Mark

I have put him right he just does not listen another mate has as well same same he thinks he knows his stuff.I even told about how to go about it he has an answer bout everything and the thread was about what chance he has of getting one.

A sense of humour from a spurs fan i thought you of all people would have one looking up at the gunners all these years. :o