Electric Bill Discount

dick turpin

Folks no doubt getting their monthly bills.

Notice mine is in the usual format with

the final total in a darkened block.

But this month has a further blurb 

below that which shows the newly

introduced discount and what the

final total is after this deduction.

Argument with the missus is that

we will still pay the original total

and that this discount will be

added to the next adjusted bill.

Wonder if those on leasehold in the pool villa developpments will benefit from the discounts ? As they pay their bills directly to the developpers. Usually the electric or water charged in housing developpment communities is more costly as the community managers take their cut. So better think twice even before renting in such places.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Darn it guys, we did NOT get an Ft refund (billing date was 19th), did get the reduced Ft mind 😞 

Maybe next month 🙂 

That was unlucky - or something.....

PEA Pattaya meter reading dated 15th and 310 baht reduction which was nearly 16% of the original bill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

PEA Pattaya meter reading dated 15th and 310 baht reduction which was nearly 16% of the original bill.

I'm going to scweam and scweam until I'm sick!!! 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Wonder if those on leasehold in the pool villa developpments will benefit from the discounts ? As they pay their bills directly to the developpers. Usually the electric or water charged in housing developpment communities is more costly as the community managers take their cut. So better think twice even before renting in such places.

Usually anything that goes through the managers of such gated communities, means a commission for those chaps.

If you do things directly the price is usually less and often better done provided you are around, Get people who understand some english to do the work (or else use google translate throughout the process).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

I wonder how they calculate it?

My refund of Bht389.83 was from a total bill of Bht4,383.46 so approximately 9%. Either it varies by PEA or it's scaled based on consumption like the tariff.

EDIT.

It's not based on this months consumption, I've just realised it's a refund on last month's. So the FT last month was 0.6689 the new FT is 0.2048, so the refund is on last month's bill calculated at the new fuel tax rate.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1