Well, It's Happened . . .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this thread from the beginning without checking the date... I nearly had a heart attack as I am going to be moving in under 2 months. I wish it would go back up near 40 before I go... :o

If wishes were dishes.....

While the Baht is appreciating at a slightly faster acceleration vs the dollar than other currencies, it still seems (to me anyway) that the issue is NOT a 'strong' baht but a weak dollar. For example, the CDN dollar is still around 31-32 Baht which isn't much different to a year ago - at least not in comparison. The depreciation of the US Dollar vs the CDN dollar is about the same as the Thai changes..(almost) so let's get beyond this 'oh, it's the POLITICAL situation', and we're all waiting for that to die down before we buy property - B-Sh+t. It's the visa issues and credit access that are the main culprits - but I recognize the retirees here are surely being hit by the US Dollar slide - sorry..maybe you can move savings into other currencies?

Edited by thaigene2

I somewhat agre, and though the US dollars is still considered to be the more stable currency the world looks to, it seems to be on a downfall. With competition from Europe and this staring game with China, I doubt the US dollars would totally stabilize/appreciates for a couple of years yet.

However, Thailand can't really fix dollars, but they can do something to do with Thai Baht. The more it appreciates, the more foreign business Thailand will lose.

Something must be done further. aka. I'm also hoping for a 36+ Baht.