Trip to UK

Dear All,

Please forgive me for asking questions that I am sure have been answered before but I just need some confirmation.  I have to travel to the UK in February for family reasons and just want to check I have planned properly.

My circumstances:

1] on an annual extension based on marriage to a Thai - have been for quite a few years.  TM30 registered and have been at same address over 10 years

2] intend to travel on 14th Feb 24 returning on 6th or 7th March

3] extension expires 17 March

Plan:

1] get a re-entry permit when I do my 90 days in December

2] on re-entry on 7th March will I get an entry stamp to the 17th March based on the current extension stamp in my passport and re-entry permit?

3] apply on Monday 11th March for new extension [as normal - will have all papers ready]

Thank you for reading this - I am a little nervous with the trip being so close to extension expiry date and just need a little reassurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shannoblic said:

Thank you for reading this - I am a little nervous with the trip being so close to extension expiry date and just need a little reassurance.

The plan you outline is very clear and you have covered it clearly.

No issues

• Like 1

You have everything important covered. Just a couple of notes on less important matters.

Officially, returning from abroad on a re-entry permit, you do not have to do a new TM30 notification. However, some immigration offices demand that one is done.

Your next 90-day address report, after your return, will be due in June (90 days after your return).

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 8:38 AM, Shannoblic said:

on re-entry on 7th March will I get an entry stamp to the 17th March based on the current extension stamp in my passport and re-entry permit?

As already said you will, but please do make a point of checking that the immigration officer at BKK Arrivals has stamped your passport correctly before leaving their booth. They may also ask to see your flight boarding pass now that the TM6 is no more as far as arrivals by air (but not by land) are concerned.