eVisa for Vietnam for Australian

I previously started a thread regarding this

So here is the issue...

Last February I applied for single entry tourist visa (30 days) .

The process was very simple.

PROBLEM: When I received the eVisa by email it had an enter date and untill date.

The thing is it was only 15 day stay.

Fast forward to  exit trip.

I applied for 90 day multi.

Was very careful filling in the dates.

Again the email showed 15 day stay.

I was accordingly stamped in for 15 days.

Sitting in Saigon airport to fly to Oz.

Coming back to Saigon in 18 days.

Need to get another visa.

Anyone obtained a visa to Vietnam recently? 

I just got a VN e-visa last week (American, not Australian, but that shouldn't make any difference). The visa doesn't show an authorized length of stay, just "from" and "to" dates, which is normal (they just admit you to the "until" date, regardless of when you enter).

With both this visa and the several I've had in the past, the dates on the visa have always been exactly what I entered onto the online form, so I'm not sure why you experienced a disconnect.

Two possible issues: first, the form will often pre-populate the "until" date - be sure to change it to the date you want. The limit used to always be counted in months - e.g., one month was Nov 1 to Dec 1 - but now it's in days, so 90 days is Nov 1 to Jan 29. The system will tell you if you entered a date too far in the future, so you can just keep backing up a day at a time until it's happy.

Second, the system always shows you a summary of what you entered so you can review it before going to the payment page. This time around, I noticed on the review page that the "until" date I had manually entered had changed back to the pre-populated default date. I backed out to the data entry page and re-entered the date 90 days in the future, and this time it stuck. Something to watch out for...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Second, the system always shows you a summary of what you entered so you can review it before going to the payment page. This time around, I noticed on the review page that the "until" date I had manually entered had changed back to the pre-populated default date. I backed out to the data entry page and re-entered the date 90 days in the future, and this time it stuck. Something to watch out for...

First up thankyou and thinking you are correct.

The 90 day multi after I entered my flight date I then tried to just jump to 3 months later for the until date.

Turned out I had asked for 92 days and was asked to reenter less than 90.

Which I did.

Clearly what I failed to do was review application (all fields) prior to payment.

This would account for same 15 day window for my application last Feb.

A Warning for folk 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:34 AM, khunjeff said:

I just got a VN e-visa last week (American, not Australian, but that shouldn't make any difference). The visa doesn't show an authorized length of stay, just "from" and "to" dates, which is normal (they just admit you to the "until" date, regardless of when you enter).

With both this visa and the several I've had in the past, the dates on the visa have always been exactly what I entered onto the online form, so I'm not sure why you experienced a disconnect.

Two possible issues: first, the form will often pre-populate the "until" date - be sure to change it to the date you want. The limit used to always be counted in months - e.g., one month was Nov 1 to Dec 1 - but now it's in days, so 90 days is Nov 1 to Jan 29. The system will tell you if you entered a date too far in the future, so you can just keep backing up a day at a time until it's happy.

Thanks for the info. Can you please provide the link where one can apply for this Vietnamese e visa. 

On 11/2/2023 at 1:34 PM, advancebooking said:

Thanks for the info. Can you please provide the link where one can apply for this Vietnamese e visa. 

I saw this link on another thread

https://immigration.gov.vn/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

I'm trying to arrange a trip to Da Nang and I'm confused as. My Mate is there now and he said he had to apply for an invitation letter first. I thought this is if you did visa on arrival method but he then showed me his evisa? He said it took hin a week to get it all sorted.