Flying Brisbane to Bangkok via Hong Kong.

Hugh Cow

AS Thai Airways no longer fly direct from Brisbane to Bangkok, I'm thinking of flying Brisbane to Bangkok on Cathay pacific Business Class. Can anyone tell me what Business Class is like on Cathay Pacific as I've not flown with them for years. Also what is Hong Kong Airport like to transit through? Is it relatively easy? Lately I've flown via Manila on Philippine Airlines and find it very quick and easy. My other alternative if not Philippine Airlines is Singapore Airlines. Not sure if this is the right place for this post.

Both HK and Singapore are OK to transit through. I've not flown CX this century so can't comment on them.

Going via Singapore is a good 1,100km shorter flight wise. Singapore Air are really second to none even in cattle-class. 

Check flight times, layover times and cost of course.

How about Qantas or Jetstar via Syd?

Second what @Crossy says, HK airport have signs in Chinese and English so easy to get around. 

Also, Thai Airlines are currently using the Singapore Lounge at HKG!

If you want to save a few Dollars, then happily recommend Scoot Plus, posh seats/food on BBE to SIN. Scoot is the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. Bear in mind, as they only fly Saturday and Sunday in/out of BNE.

Thanks Ray. The reason I liked Cathay was the 64kg baggage plus 10 kg cabin luggage making 74 kg I can take to Thailand. I believe that's the most of any airline. I think Singapore is 50kg plus cabin luggage. Needless to say I am taking a lot to Thailand as I am moving their semi permanently. I will look at Scoot for other trips though thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1