Recommendations for lab grown diamonds in Bangkok

RandolphGB

Buy only from the very best dealers in these stones ... otherwise you'll likely find the gems dull and go cloudy after a few years. 

I won't give you any recommendations as this up to you to find and decide upon.

There a quite a few very good suppliers worldwide.

It is imperative that you only buy from the very best and most stringently controlled lab. Poor quality 'growing chambers' are guaranteed to dull in a few years!!!! 

I've got a collection of jewellery, and have bought some lab grown diamonds  e.g. (tennis bracelets, rings, a smashing 7 carat for a ring for my love - sourced in the Netherlands) ... all from the best suppliers e.g USA. Netherlands, Belgium, Germany.

To buy stones that are not manufactured here with either good or bad quality processes is totally counterproductive as any imported stone is completely cost-negative (the import duties make them ridiculously expensive). 

The process requires intense temperatures and intense pressures that MUST be maintained for weeks at a time to grow even a small carat stone. This is where super quality control is lacking with poor stone manufacturers. Any small and I mean small fluctuations of these two variables will result in a stone that will dull. 

I would not trust the expertise of the labs here to produce any stones of high quality.

My question to those seeking lab grown here is why would you risk the small amount it coasts for a lab stone to a system that has not proven itself as of the highest manufacturing quality when it comes to the pinnacle of scientific lab processes ... and Thailand has definitely not!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The problem for me is that you cannot trust even top drawer retailers to sell you genuine articles. I hate it with tools, that Makita drill you buy, turns out to have a drilling lifetime off about two weeks.

A mate of mine came here and bought a VERY expensive brand name handbag for his wife back home at a very well known mall in Bangkok. He was stopped at customs in the UK and they examined the bag, said it was fake and confiscated it. He showed them the receipt, but the officers laughed in his face saying he had been scammed.

• Confused 1