I finally made the AI agree with me (jumping in an elevator fall)

Chris Daley

Here is a summary:

Me:  If I jump in an elevator fall will I get less injured?

AI:  No, jumping in a falling elevator will not make you less injured. In fact, it could make you more injured.

Me:  If I jumped exactly when the elevator hit the floor and landed after it had stops, would I be less injured?

AI:  No, jumping exactly when the elevator hit the floor and landing after it had stopped would not make you less injured. In fact, it could make you more injured.

Me:  No because I use muscles in the jump to counter gravity.

AI:  While it's true that your muscles can momentarily oppose the force of gravity while you're jumping, this effect would be too small to significantly reduce your velocity and impact force.

Me:  Why would I be injured if I jumped exactly when the elevator hit the floor and landed after it had stopped?

AI:  Conservation of Momentum: The momentum of an object is equal to its mass multiplied by its velocity.

Me:  If I had a jet pack and an AI that could adjust my hover speed depending on the elevator fall, would I get injured?

AI:  Theoretically, using a jetpack and an AI to adjust your hover speed while an elevator is falling could prevent you from getting injured.

Me:  So why isn't my jump the same as a jet pack?  Muscles are a force just like a jet pack.

AI:  While muscles are indeed capable of generating force, the amount of force they can produce is significantly limited compared to a jetpack.

Me:  If the elevator was falling really slowly from floor 1 to ground and I jumped just before the elevator hit the ground and landed after it had hit, would I still get injured?

AI:  The severity of your injuries in this scenario would depend on the exact speed of the elevator at the moment of impact.

Me:  The elevator is move 0.5 mph.

AI:  0.5 mph is a very slow speed, and it is unlikely that you would be injured if you jumped in an elevator that was falling at that speed.

How about you?  Do you get tired of Thai women mashing the close button when they see the foreigner waiting?