Pink Monorail to Changwattana Immigration?

Has anyone taken the new train to immigration at Chaengwattana immigration?  I am curious what the transport options are from the station to the immigration office building.  Have they set up a motorcycle system?  I am hoping for a shuttle bus.

3 hours ago, ricklev said:

The newly opened Pink Line runs from Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station to CW Government Complex station.  

Sorry missed the "pink line" comment.

Off topic but useful to some....

If anyone wants to know the exact routes of future rail lines just Google "GregtoDiffer" this guy has provided link to all new lines and you can have it embedded into your Google maps. 

Great for those interested in real estate purchase through to place to live in Bangkok..

Screenshot_20231124-132405.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, walailak said:

Since I live in the area (Saphanmai since 2006), I took the pink line two days ago all the way to Minburi and Nonthaburi, I can confirm that at the government Complex station they are building a sky walk all the way to the entrance of it but it hasn't been completed yet. At the moment the shuttle bus or a motorcycle driver 20 Baht, are the alternatives......

I didn't know that there is a shuttle bus.   I prefer not to take motorcycles.  Does anyone have any further info on the shuttle bus?  Thanks!

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorry missed the "pink line" comment.

Off topic but useful to some....

If anyone wants to know the exact routes of future rail lines just Google "GregtoDiffer" this guy has provided link to all new lines and you can have it embedded into your Google maps. 

Great for those interested in real estate purchase through to place to live in Bangkok..

Screenshot_20231124-132405.jpg

You complain that I don’t share enough details in a comment, but you comment with totally irrelevant information. 

50 minutes ago, CecilM said:

You complain that I don’t share enough details in a comment, but you comment with totally irrelevant information. 

I stated...."Off topic but useful to some...."

The info I posted I stated did not directly address the OP question however the map link I posted provides Google map embedded with all the new rail lines including Pink line.

Showing all the stations and directions.

How have you assisted the OP.

Nil

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2023 at 7:56 AM, ricklev said:

Does anyone have any further info on the shuttle bus?  Thanks!

What he said.  For example, where exactly does it leave from (both going to Immigration and returning)? How much does it cost? How frequent is it?

Thanks.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:43 PM, walailak said:

Since I live in the area (Saphanmai since 2006), I took the pink line two days ago all the way to Minburi and Nonthaburi, I can confirm that at the government Complex station they are building a sky walk all the way to the entrance of it but it hasn't been completed yet. At the moment the shuttle bus or a motorcycle driver 20 Baht, are the alternatives......

I have not been there since Pink Line opened, but is it easy enough to just walk from the Government Complex station to the immigration building? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, david_je said:

but is it easy enough to just walk from the Government Complex station to the immigration building? Thanks.

It would be a 2km walk. There are motorcy taxis near stairs of Pink Line GC station to the Imm front door for 20THB. Not sure about getting back to Pink Line tho?

8 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

It would be a 2km walk. There are motorcy taxis near stairs of Pink Line GC station to the Imm front door for 20THB. Not sure about getting back to Pink Line tho?

I hope they have the good sense to institute a shuttle bus service for the hundreds of employees and Thai and farang folks who have business in the different buildings in the complex.  (Maybe they have already?) I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone who's livelihood depends on getting me to immigration as fast as he can.    

6 minutes ago, ricklev said:

I hope they have the good sense to institute a shuttle bus service for the hundreds of employees and Thai and farang folks who have business in the different buildings in the complex.  (Maybe they have already?) I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone who's livelihood depends on getting me to immigration as fast as he can.    

For many years, there has been a tram-type shuttle service running from the top of CW Soi 7 down to the Govt. Complex building at the far end of the soi.... Last time I was there last fall, it was still running.

Assuming it is still running, it would be a relatively short walk from the Government Complex Pink Line station on main CW Road to the corner of CW Soi 7.

9 hours ago, david_je said:

I have not been there since Pink Line opened, but is it easy enough to just walk from the Government Complex station to the immigration building? Thanks.

It certainly is walkable, for someone in decent physical condition without any impairments... But probably would be a 15-20 minute walk depending on one's pace. But I'd still opt for the local tram service from the top of Soi 7 at the main CW Road, assuming it's still running.

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It certainly is walkable, for someone in decent physical condition without any impairments... But probably would be a 15-20 minute walk depending on one's pace. But I'd still opt for the local tram service from the top of Soi 7 at the main CW Road, assuming it's still running.

By tram you mean a dedicated gov't-organized bus shuttle that non-employees can use? Is there cost? To catch it, do I get off at GC station and walk to Soi 7? And what about getting back to the station? Thanks.

2 hours ago, david_je said:

By tram you mean a dedicated gov't-organized bus shuttle that non-employees can use? Is there cost? To catch it, do I get off at GC station and walk to Soi 7? And what about getting back to the station? Thanks.

Yes, that's the tram service I was referring to. No cost. Last time I used it last fall, its beginning point was at the corner of main CW Road and CW Soi 7 (the soi that leads to the Government Complex building).

In the early morning hours, there's typically a queue of Thai office workers lined up there at the top of Soi 7 waiting to use it.

In my case, I've only ever taken it on the inbound journey to the Govt. Complex. I've never used it for the return / outbound trip. And I haven't been out to the GC since the opening of the Pink Line.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Meanwhile, I guess I missed this recent Pink Line-related news item:

Pink Line Skytrain track collapse causes havoc in Nonthaburi

24 December 2023

"A lengthy section of the Pink Line Skytrain track collapsed in front of the Agricultural Land Reform Office market, causing damage to three parked vehicles and nearly toppling a high-voltage electricity pylon. The incident occurred at 5am today, in Pak Kret, Nonthaburi.

The fallen track, an aluminium rail measuring approximately 4 inches wide and 2 inches thick, extensively damaged the vehicles parked in front of the market."

Pak Kret police officer Thapana Pungmi said the incident was reported at 5am and that the fallen rail stretched from the market to the Kasikorn Bank near the Kae Rai intersection.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/yellow-lines-wheel-deal-mrt-mishap-takes-a-detour-hits-taxi-driver-escapes-unscathed-near-bangkok

"...an incident on December 24, where a segment of the conductor rail detached from its beam and fell onto a road. As a consequence, seven stations from Nonthaburi Civic Centre Station (PK01) to Pak Kret Bypass Station (PK07) were shut down for two days."

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pink-line-monorail-extends-free-service-during-conductor-rail-repair

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 1/2/2024 at 7:00 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But I'd still opt for the local tram service from the top of Soi 7 at the main CW Road, assuming it's still running.

It's running, can confirm from a visit out there in early December. But I assume it's mostly for the benefit of employees, so its frequency might reflect that? Meaning more trips in the AM and later afternoon, when people are arriving to/leaving work, as opposed to mid-day. Just a guess.

Did not get out there using the Pink Line in combo with the Green Line. But I returned that way, and even if it may be convenient the time it would take to get there, what with transferring and waiting for trains, is going to be longer than just taking road transpo from your favorite BTS or other station. Just an initial reaction. Nice to take it back, though, when time is not of the essence.

Also, as of that time the Gov't Complex station could only be accessed from the opposite side of the street, after coming out from Soi 7, although the exit/entrance on the same side looked to be nearing completion. 

Edited by rwilem
  • Thanks 1