Honda Forza 2016 fuel gauge problem

Kenny202

Recently noticed my Forza fuel gauge seems to be stuck at full. When I turn on the engine it  goes to full, drops back to zero then back to full again (as it should) so it is actually moving. Just wondering to modern bikes like this still have some sort of float sensor in the tank or just some sort of electronic sensor that may be faulty? If it is a float sensor for some reason it could have gotten stuck at the top and maybe a good ride around over a few bumps would cure it? Any help appreciated

2 hours ago, gaviolit said:

Sometimes it happens that mice bite electrical cables. Have these checked before changing the sensors or float

It could well be but rats. I lived here 10 years, mostly in rural areas. Never seen a mouse but plenty of huge rats lol. Thanks for your comment

I don't really look at the fuel gauge on my Forza much, I fill up the tank to max, then reset the Trip A counter, this also reset fuel consumption figure. Then look at average fuel consumption based on  km traveled per liter and trip A km.

When I covered in km about 10 x the average fuel consumption, it means 10 liter is gone, and I have about 1.5 liter left, I usually look for the first PTT gas station to fill up.