lots of issues with the changes of non imm O multi visa--need advice

I'M USA with a Non-Imm O multi visa (SAV last year Dec 26 2023)  My last entry was at BKK 31 Oct; I was stamped in, 90 days (28 Jan 2024. My visa has valid until Dec 26.

I /We (Thai wife with me) have return to USA flt on Mar 14th.  I have been unable to change this flight date.

We will be in Nong Khai Dec 21-23.  

If I stamp out, stay overnite, and return will I get the 90 day 'extension'?

Un- named local IMO said I would only get 30 days; one of them admitted to "dont know" and the other 2 had no idea. The IO trip was a circus.

I might returning to my residence by air VTE to BKK.  Will the IO in BKK give me a new 90 days stay?

My last option could be Going back over to Savannakhet to get a 90 day visa, as I do not wish to store funds as with the annual visa with recent changes.

Hope I logically laid this out.  Any advice will be appreciated.  

Every entry into Thailand on a still valid 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (like the one you have which is valid till Dec 23) you will be provided by Thai border-immigration with a 90-day Permission to stay in your passport.

There is no difference in how you enter Thailand, be it by land, air or sea. 

Your local Imm Office is never confronted with entries on a 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa, and it seems they are clueless about it.  But that doesn't matter as it is Thai border-immigration that will stamp you in and they are well aware that entering on a still valid 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa entitles you to a 90-day Permission to stay. 

Entering on Dec 21 will provide you with a Permission to stay till March 20, 2024. 

So no need to change your March 14 flight-date, when re-entering Thailand during the Dec 15 - Dec 23 window with your 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa.

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, MiclB said:

Thanks for all!

Obviously check the stamp before leaving the io window.

Checking you were given 90 day permission of stay..

Have your flight out screenshot handy. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have your flight out screenshot handy. 

I have not seen a single report of somebody entering on a multi-entry Non-Immigrant visa having to show flight details.

Can you post a link to where you saw "Some reports of land borders asking to see outbound flight. " ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I have not seen a single report of somebody entering on a multi-entry Non-Immigrant visa having to show flight details.

Can you post a link to where you saw "Some reports of land borders asking to see outbound flight. " ?

Jack said have it handy, very good advise be prepared for a grumpy IO who read a different rule book.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MiclB said:

Dr Jack--  Thanks.  I failed to specify:  If I return from VTE via ground to Nong Khai there is no problems with that also?l  Just being ultra careful. 

Just to put your mind at rest, I've entered a few times on a MENO via land crossings, only once did they stamp me in for 30 days and when I pointed out their mistake they corrected it to 90 days. Keep your eyes on the stamp though.

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Jack said have it handy, very good advise be prepared for a grumpy IO who read a different rule book.

Actually very poor advice, because there have been no reports of proof of onward travel being needed when entering on a Non-Imm visa

• Sad 1