In Investments Etc Who Do You Trust In Bkk ?

Hi there guys ,im a new guy here and im really happy i can join this lovely Forum :D i hope to make a lot of friends

As such i might as well start with a question that is puzzling me and i was wondering if you guys have an opinion,can help :o

I have been tring to find a "renowned" company in BKK who deals with expats Investments ,Insurance needs ,savings.life cover

Up to now i really have been able to find only one company that "seems that it has it all " (see link :

http://www.infinsolutions.com/

However i would rather get some opinions of the guys in the know who are already happy with the service that they are getting from theyre brokers or whoever they use for this sort of thing in BKK

PS :If anyone has dealt with the above company could you please also let me know ,your opinion is very much appreciated guys :D

Edited by PattayaAddict

The simple answer is trust noone but yourself. Only you fully have your interests at heart.

All the financial advisors who regularly contact me (how the hel_l do they get their leads, is what I would like to know) have been in two categories:

1) shysters, used car salesmen in slightly better suits

2) remarkably unimaginative semi-professionals, all toeing the party line of unit trusts, Royal Skandia blah blah blah

Not an ounce of integrity in the former; not an ounce of imagination or creative thinking in the latter.

Hi there guys ,im a new guy here and im really happy i can join this lovely Forum :D i hope to make a lot of friends

As such i might as well start with a question that is puzzling me and i was wondering if you guys have an opinion,can help :o

I have been tring to find a "renowned" company in BKK who deals with expats Investments ,Insurance needs ,savings.life cover

Up to now i really have been able to find only one company that "seems that it has it all " (see link :

http://www.infinsolutions.com/

However i would rather get some opinions of the guys in the know who are already happy with the service that they are getting from theyre brokers or whoever they use for this sort of thing in BKK

PS :If anyone has dealt with the above company could you please also let me know ,your opinion is very much appreciated guys :D

I think you are better off in dealing with an investment company under the control of the Securities Exchange Commision of Thailand. The one that seems to appeal to me is the Phatra Securities Company which is in alliance with Merryl Lynch. www.phatradirect.com At least these companies are accountable to the authority for their conducts. Phatra has got a private wealth management division.

I think you will find that company in the link - infinsolutions - is the one discussed in another thread about the property market. As one of the members said a finance company playing down the property market so you can invest in their product. You will find it discussed a few days ago either in this or the property section.

Never expect another company to have your best interests in mind. All investment companies are a business and make their profits from their clients. From years of personal experience, the best way to go is "do it yourself" - you at least then we can only blame ourselves.

As one IFA in the heavily regulated UK market once put it, there must be lots of cannon fodder in Thailand for wannabe financial sector advisers and salesmen - and there is

Very true, a good friend of mine (and long term Bangkok) resident recently had dealings with a particular firm here in Bangkok. The shyster lied to his face regarding the product he was trying to sell and basically slagged off all the accounts and plans he already had in place. My friend has since learned that this company has already got somthing of a bad rep for providing mis-information and mis-selling.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of the company here???? Mods?

As one IFA in the heavily regulated UK market once put it, there must be lots of cannon fodder in Thailand for wannabe financial sector advisers and salesmen - and there is

Very true, a good friend of mine (and long term Bangkok) resident recently had dealings with a particular firm here in Bangkok. The shyster lied to his face regarding the product he was trying to sell and basically slagged off all the accounts and plans he already had in place. My friend has since learned that this company has already got somthing of a bad rep for providing mis-information and mis-selling.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of the company here???? Mods?

Can you PM the name? Curious which one it was. Thanks, Darwin