Looking for a bargin on a good Bangkok hotel

dplast

Had read a lot about how world conditions were having a negative impact on Thailands tourism industry.    So yesterday when I started shopping for a couple weeks of hotel accomadations I thought I might find better digs at my old rate.  Haven't found much, looking for a rate around $ 25 -30 a night.    Any words of wisdom for this bargin hunting traveler.               Thanks,  Doug   :o

I have always meant to try these 2 at 795 and 870 baht a night.

Lots of others at pay 2 nights get 3rd one free (about time)

In Town...

Manhattan Hotel Bangkok

13 Soi 15, Sukhumvit Road, Klong Toey

Bangkok 10110, 10110

Run of House 795 THB -01 Sep 2002 - 31 Oct 2003

After a full day, enjoy unwinding in any of the 200 beautifully furnished guest rooms and suites. Every room has private bath and shower, colour television with in-house movies and cable, individual temperature controls, IDD telephone, refrigerator, mini-bar, and piped music. Our staff is on hand 24 hours to accommodate your needs with prompt and courteous service

http://www.thailand.travelmall.com/travelm....Bangkok

Or on the River...

Royal River Hotel Bangkok, Thailand

Run of House 870 - THB 01 Sep 2002 - 31 Oct 2003

The Royal River Hotel is in a unique position. Its superb location makes it possible to enjoy a tranquillised sunrise over the water and morning calm of Bangkok. Moreover, its location is only a short ride by either roadway or waterway to the various historical landmarks and cultural centres.

With 400 rooms, the Royal River Hotel provides luxurious comfort. Spacious rooms are designed for convenience. guest rooms and suites offer panoramic view of the "River of King".

http://www.thailand.travelmall.com/travelm....Bangkok

and many other DEALS

http://www.thailand.travelmall.com/

Not Forgetting_

Hotels in Thailand - Instant booking (preferred rates)

:cool:

Hi Rinrada.    Thank you for the hotel source but still not exactly what I am looking for.  Looking for a deal on a small hotel.   Normally I stay at the Holiday Mansion but the managment has turned a little strange, the price of my room went up and they have the pool filled with school children.  :o

• 2 weeks later...
When in Bkk, I stay either at the Trinity Hotel in the Silom area... 1400 B per night, or at the Honey Hotel in the Sukhumvit area at 800 B a nite.  Both have breakfast free with the meal.  Both are guest friendly, helpful, and not either really large, or sleezy.  Both are just off the beaten path, but a short walk from the action.

Try Sukhumvit soi 1

-Euro Park, before Serviced Appartments, now                      

Hotelalike,have pool, BKK neccassary standarts as TV,Air,    

Fridge, hot water, 30 squaremeter rooms, some rooms with

Microwave   900 - 1.000,-THB ,carpark, opp.Bumrungrad    

Hospital

-Street Lodge 1 , same Building with Tilac Restaurant,

smaller rooms,BKK nec. standarts, no Micowave, no pool,

carpark, 560,-THB, advanvce booking advisable ,clean

::o:

• 2 weeks later...
in BKK for convenience and price I recommend the Nana City Inn on Soi Nana (Sukumvit 4)...bt700 for a double room with en suite, minibar and cable TV. Comfortable beds and a little bit shabby but who cares...the delights of Soi Nana on your door step. Good American/European food everywhere...good breakfasts and cheese burgers, beef stew, etc at the Bustop across the street plus kwetiow and the rest on the sidewalk in front. Friendly and helpful staff. No pool or health club but we don't care about that...right?

• 5 weeks later...
I would certainly try the Sol Twin Towers,  a 4 star hotel about 10 mins from MBK and the National stadium.  Riight now www.planetholiday.com has a standard twin or double for $30 after all taxes and fees. Here is the address: 88/2 Rongmuang, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand 10330.  A bit far from Silom or Sukumvit, but a fantastic hotel at that cost.

"A place small enough to call home"

http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm

Found a site for the old HONEY.

The photo is at least 5 years old but the guys at the pool look familar......LOL :o

First time I stayed it was about 250 Bt a night (1984) now I believe 800Bt (incl. the usual Thai style western Breki) but soooooo handy.... :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would certainly try the Sol Twin Towers,  a 4 star hotel about 10 mins from MBK and the National stadium.  

AsiaTravel.Com usually has a "pay for two nights, get the third night free" special on the Twin Towers which puts the cost for a single at under 1000 baht/night. My usual hotel in Bangkok and as Gatsby says, a great hotel for that price.  

Downsides: it's not a small hotel, it's slightly out of the way and it does tend to be full of tour groups.

there are plenty of small place to kick back for a few day for  only 200-300baht a night ( i didn't say hotel now, motel is more like it), where all the back-packer hand-out, what you call that road (freak lane, ave. or something like that

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input on small hotels. I feel a little guilty because I didn't try any of them. Ended up at Jim's Lodge 125/7 Soi Ruamrudee , Ploenchit Rd. behind the US Embassy on Wireless. Rate was around 1000 bht with breakfest, cost an additional 200 bht when the gf had a sleep over. Small hotel with a frendly and very helpful staff. It is a bit off Ploenchit but an easy quick ride via motorbike taxi from the corner.

I'll be back in January - any new ideas or hot deals? Dplast

Greetings,

At the Manhattan Hotel, what is the signicant difference between the Standard/double and the Superior/twin besides the rate.

I hear it has an in-room, safe, nice pool, and is girl friendly, but is the Superior room that much better than the Standard room? Chohk Dee! Yurko

• 1 month later...