Electrical appliance repair in Chiang Mai?

csaba81

I've never tried to have electrical items repaired in Thailand, so no idea if it's practical or where to go.

I have a Samsung convection microwave oven which is less than 10 years old and not too much use. When you turn it on, it runs like it's working but there is no heating produced. So I'm guessing that there's just a single part that's dead.

8 hours ago, csaba81 said:

I've never tried to have electrical items repaired in Thailand, so no idea if it's practical or where to go.

I have a Samsung convection microwave oven which is less than 10 years old and not too much use. When you turn it on, it runs like it's working but there is no heating produced. So I'm guessing that there's just a single part that's dead.

It may not be worth repairing a microwave oven.

But if you want to make sure take it to Amorn outside the east moat. They have a large repair center and for 100-200 baht they will look it over. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, csaba81 said:

I took mine to Samsung on the moat and they repaired it in 15 minutes.   Cost 54 baht!!   

31 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I took mine to Samsung on the moat and they repaired it in 15 minutes.   Cost 54 baht!!   

You mean the Samsung on the north side of the moat? I didn't know they did electrical appliance repairs there, I thought it was just Electronics.

2 hours ago, csaba81 said:

You mean the Samsung on the north side of the moat? I didn't know they did electrical appliance repairs there, I thought it was just Electronics.

Yep.  I rang Samsung care centre in bkk.  And they told me to take it there.   Good luck.

• Thanks 1