Extension based on marriage and renewal of passport

Being lazy as I guess the answers are buried somewhere on here, however.....

My current extension based on marriage lasts until March 2024, but my current passport is only valid until October 2024.

1. Do I need to renew my passport before applying for the extension or will the current one suffice?

2. Regardless of the answer to (1), will renewing my passport trigger any hares, either here or back in the UK, due to having an extension based on marriage in my current passport?

Thanks in advance for any sensible answers.

16 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

1. If you do not renew before applying for extension then new extension will only be to October 2024. Best to apply for new passport before extension.

2. No problems, just transfer details into new passport at immigration at some point, or can travel with both passports.

Remember to update everything else linked to passport, driving licence, bank,etc.

Brilliant...thanks for that

Dependent on HOW you renew, your current passport wil (should)l have its corner cut off etc you cannot (shouldnt) have 2 valid passports. The Passport Office will void existing number when issuinng new.

Transfer existing visa etc into NEW passport, then make the application to renew Visa.