Book and Pay Thai Airways

bluejets

Intend to book and pay local Thailand travel for early next year with Thai Airways from Australia using Paypal.

Forsee any problems there given there now exists some form of "not allowed anymore" within Thailand itself. 

Paying is not the issue.The issue is opening accounts and thereby receiving money in Thailand for non Thais.

I don't see any issue for you making a purchase with a Thai company assuming of course they accept that source.

• Agree 1

If you are only booking air travel within Thailand check out the Thai Smile site.  You will most likely be on the same flight but it is usually cheaper.  You won’t earn miles.  I’m not sure if they accept PayPal.

59 minutes ago, statman78 said:

If you are only booking air travel within Thailand check out the Thai Smile site.  You will most likely be on the same flight but it is usually cheaper.  You won’t earn miles.  I’m not sure if they accept PayPal.

Flew with them last Sunday, earned 402 miles on royal orchid account

• Like 1

18 hours ago, statman78 said:

If you are only booking air travel within Thailand check out the Thai Smile site.

They won't be around long enough.

Always used them previously but now all gone.

Reason for booking Thai Airways. :shock1:

21 hours ago, pjmorton said:

Thai Smile is no more after Dec 16.

Why? I've not seen anything about it's demise. Due to the competition which is fierce? It is a subsidiary of Thai Airways International is it not? Will TAI take over the routes and schedules? Booking a connecting onward domestic flight on the TIA website would get you a Thai Smile flight at a grossly inflated price.

I liked Thai Smile for its seniors discount and all inclusive ticket, no separate charge for 1 hold bag of up to 20kg as these days at my age I prefer that to lugging a 10kg cabin bag, even a wheelie, around.  They served a small but tasty snack, water and tea and coffee in flight. Fine for me. But it's hub being at Suvarnabhumi they did not offer any direct flights from one domestic airport to another, the competition does.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:14 AM, bluejets said:

They won't be around long enough.

Always used them previously but now all gone.

Reason for booking Thai Airways. :shock1:

You are still able to book tickets on their site.  Thai Smile is being absorbed into Thai but Thai will keep the same domestic schedule for a while.  I have flights booked for January, February and March  and have been told that my tickets will be honored and that the flight schedule should not change.