Kindle Repair in Chiang Mai?

FolkGuitar

The title says it all.  My wife's Kindle has a corrupted memory and can no longer connect to her computer.

We need a shop that can deal with this. I'd prefer not to try to send it back to the States. That would cost more than a new one bought outright!

Thanks

Sorry but can't help with a Kindle repair shop here.  A few years back, though, my Kindle needed to be repaired and found out that the repair cost was outrageous.  Instead,

I bought a tablet (Samsung) which cost almost $100.00 less than the repair.  Downloaded the Kindle app and it's been great (all the functionality of the Kindle....plus essentially

a computer to boot).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you tried rebooting the kindle by holding down to power button for about 20 to 30 seconds?

If that doesn't work you can restore it to factory settings and then reregister with your Amazon account.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Sorry but can't help with a Kindle repair shop here.  A few years back, though, my Kindle needed to be repaired and found out that the repair cost was outrageous.  Instead,

I bought a tablet (Samsung) which cost almost $100.00 less than the repair.  Downloaded the Kindle app and it's been great (all the functionality of the Kindle....plus essentially

a computer to boot).

I actually recently started using my Android phone Kindle App, and for the most part am happy. I used to carry around an iPad for reading. 

Unfortunately due to eyesight issues, I need a large font, so not able to support the local booksellers. Flip side, I wish Amazon would give us a break on book prices. Most times, I wait for daily Kindle deals.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Have you tried rebooting the kindle by holding down to power button for about 20 to 30 seconds?

If that doesn't work you can restore it to factory settings and then reregister with your Amazon account.

Tried those and more. The computer does not recognize the Kindle as a drive. It DOES show up in the Device Manager (as a Kindle) and Disk Manager (but not as a viable drive, and will not accept a drive letter without formatting.) It does NOT show up in the File Manager as a drive or when Calibre tries to 'send to device.'  It WILL download books from Amazon with no problems.  Everything works; it just doesn't connect to a computer for side-loading.
I spent an hour with Amazon's tech support, but they finally just gave up.

Edited by FolkGuitar

Exactly, getting a good android tablet and use the kindle app--I have four various kindles that are really not in use---up to the Fire, color, versions--then realized that using the kindle app was, in my view, better--it has the functions of the kindle devices, often with better specs on a decent tablet--and, with the app installed on various devices you can login and any of those devices or share with another family member.