Forum upgrade in progress! ×

I have taken vitamins every weekend for 24 months

Chris Daley

In Jan 2022 I decided to start taking vitamins at the weekend.  The list consists of:

2 bananas

1 packet of almonds

1 carton of orange juice

1 carton of milk

1 tin of tuna

1 plain yoghurt

1tsp of turmeric powder in water / juice (every other weekend)

All of the major vitamins are covered.

It's hard to say what the result is because there is no control group.  But I do feel like I have more energy.  I have had no major health problems.  I feel less tired.  I took 3 sick days in 24 months.  One I felt tired and the other 2 was just eating bad food the day before.  I didn't get covid or even the slightest flu symptom during the entire pandemic.

I think most of it has affected the brain.  I feel like I have a very sharp mind now.  Yesterday I sat down to play Fur Elise at the piano and I remembered the hard part.  It just came back to me.

How about you?  What changes in your lifestyle made a huge difference?

Edited by Chris Daley

33 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

In Jan 2022 I decided to start taking vitamins at the weekend. 

And yet, you list no vitamins.

Maybe double check on that increased mental clarity claim?

99% of the world thinks "taking vitamins" means taking the pill form. 

As long as I'm here, how did you arrive at this diet/vitamin formulation?

This sounds like medium-extreme intermittent fasting. What are your thoughts on that approach?

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

In Jan 2022 I decided to start taking vitamins at the weekend.  The list consists of:

2 bananas

1 packet of almonds

1 carton of orange juice

1 carton of milk

1 tin of tuna

1 plain yoghurt

It's hard to say what the result is because there is no control group.  But I do feel like I have more energy.  I have had no major health problems.  I feel less tired.  I took 3 sick days in 24 months.  One I felt tired and the other 2 was just eating bad food the day before.  I didn't get covid or even the slightest flu symptom during the entire pandemic.

I think most of it has affected the brain.  I feel like I have a very sharp mind now.  Yesterday I sat down to play Fur Elise at the piano and I remembered the hard part.  It just came back to me.

You're certainly eating all the right kind of food.

Just to add, Bananas are very high in potassium so watch you total input.

Farmhouse whole grain bread is excellent for vitamins B1,2,3 and 9, calcium, iron and of course 6g of protein for two slices.  Lite tuna would be an excellent choice for a topping in a sandwich with say cucumber or peppers.

Greek yogurt would be my choice for protein and calories.

I've just experienced a change in my "stats" over the last week.

Normally my bowel movements were difficult and irregular and BP 12x / 60 with meds.

During this time I have added  pink guava and pineapple to my diet. BP now 107/54 

Bowel movements now easy and 2 motions daily to the delight of septic tank turdmites

And the rest of the week?

If you're serious about this try turning that list into your daily breakfast.  Some days swap out the yoghurt for something with fiber, like oat bran.  And a lot of water to send the bran on its way.  Swap out one banana for a different fresh fruit. 

Myself, I take turmeric every day, in capsules. Almonds too.  

Brazil nuts have more selenium than any other food on the planet (I think).

Eating 1 or 2 brazil nuts per day will give you all your selenium needs, according to the RDA. 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/brazil-nuts-benefits#nutritious

A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of Brazil nuts contains the following nutrients

• Selenium: 989% daily value (DV)

Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, with just one nut containing 96 mcg, or 175% of the RDI. 

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Eating 1 or 2 brazil nuts per day will give you all your selenium needs, according to the RDA. 

As will eating one multivitamin per day, plus a lot more. 

Kirkland Signature Adult 50+ Mature Multi Vitamins & Minerals

Brazil nuts good but almonds more nutrition/baht. I go for the almonds. But Makro seems to have dropped the Aro 1kg bags. Oh well. Lazada.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, Chris Daley said:

2 bananas

1 packet of almonds

1 carton of orange juice

1 carton of milk

1 tin of tuna

1 plain yoghurt

Drinking water seems to have helped me a lot, 1.5l every day.

7 hours ago, BigStar said:

As will eating one multivitamin per day, plus a lot more. 

Kirkland Signature Adult 50+ Mature Multi Vitamins & Minerals

Brazil nuts good but almonds more nutrition/baht. I go for the almonds. But Makro seems to have dropped the Aro 1kg bags. Oh well. Lazada.  

Most multi-vitamins have unhealthy fillers, as far as I have gathered. That's why they're so heavy. It's almost like they have some sort of "chalk-like substance" added to them. 

Or maybe it's not an issue with the more expensive brands. Not sure.

I stopped taking multi-vitamins, but take only a few individual high-quality supplements. 

Almonds may have more of a variety of nutrients than brazil nuts, but I specifically pointed out brazil nuts because they may be the best way to get your selenium with only having to consume 1 per day. 

But nuts in general are, in my humble opinion, an expensive and not the most efficient way to get your nutrient needs met. I don't eat nuts in general. 

On 12/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, Chris Daley said:

2 bananas

1 packet of almonds

1 carton of orange juice

1 carton of milk

1 tin of tuna

1 plain yoghurt

Good mix of foods. I'd add beef n eggs though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Most multi-vitamins have unhealthy fillers, as far as I have gathered.

The trivial amount of fillers and binders in a multivitamin pill is the least of your worries.

I stopped taking multi-vitamins, but take only a few individual high-quality supplements. 

Up 2 U, as we say in Pattaya. Go read the Biohackers and Supplements subreddits and create a personal stack for yourself.

But nuts in general are, in my humble opinion, an expensive and not the most efficient way to get your nutrient needs met. I don't eat nuts in general. 

Nuts aren't cheap in Thailand. But they taste great and certainly have a place in a healthy diet. Studies treat nuts very kindly. I like my daily handful of almonds.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:22 PM, Chris Daley said:

2 bananas

1 packet of almonds

1 carton of orange juice

1 carton of milk

1 tin of tuna

1 plain yoghurt

Lucky you not vegan.:sorry:

• 5 weeks later...