Where can we play TTRPG like Dungeon & Dragons on Phuket?

Jookeqr

Hello!

I want to host tabletop roleplaying games (TTRPG) in Phuket but I'm confused about where we can sit down and play.

The games are usually 4-6 hours long and can get quite loud, so this rules out most of the cafes. I'm planning to invite strangers to play and it wouldn't be comfortable to let everybody in my condo.

Are there time cafes or board game clubs in Phuket where I can rent a table for 8 hours? Ideally, I'm looking for a place closer to Kathu, Old Town.

I would think 1 of the local outdoor bars would accommodate you. 1) They're already loud-ish, 2) They get your drink business, 3) You'd probably draw curious spectators who would then drink, 4) Once established as a place, time, event, you may even get larger participation.

Make arrangements with the owner and manager for a slight discount on volume drinking and a cordoned off area for suedo privacy from wandering drunks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are two places that might work.

1. This is actually a co-working space, but they are very enthusiastic about board games. Maybe u can ask them if you could host ur table top session there. https://grindtime.space/

2. The second option is actually a card game store north of phuket town where I generally go to play MTG, but they used to play some smaller DnD games there, too.

I know the owner and I am pretty sure he'd welcome u to play at his store. However, there is no aircon (just fans) and the store is a bit messy. :)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/m7kmJwDa9LdAduqt7

Let me know if you are interested, I could ask him directly.

Edited by Baz Erckens
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 3:15 PM, Jookeqr said:

Hello!

I want to host tabletop roleplaying games (TTRPG) in Phuket but I'm confused about where we can sit down and play.

The games are usually 4-6 hours long and can get quite loud, so this rules out most of the cafes. I'm planning to invite strangers to play and it wouldn't be comfortable to let everybody in my condo.

Are there time cafes or board game clubs in Phuket where I can rent a table for 8 hours? Ideally, I'm looking for a place closer to Kathu, Old Town.

Did you find anywhere to play or people to play with?  I would like to play some tabletop TTRPGs or board games but have not found anywhere since moving down here from Bangkok.

Cheers