Gecko Poison

dave111223

Anyone know if such a thing as gecko poison exists and if so where it can be purchased?

I went to Tesco the other day and was looking around; i found ant poison, cockroach poison and rat poison but couldn't find any kind of gecko poison anywhere?

Or if anyone has any home brewed solutions please share.

Edited by dave111223
  • Like 1

Anyone know if such a thing as gecko poison exists and if so where it can be purchased?

I went to Tesco the other day and was looking around; i found ant poison, cockroach poison and rat poison but couldn't find any kind of gecko poison anywhere?

Or if anyone has an home brewed solutions please share.

Now i know what internet forums were invented for.

:o

What in hel_l do you want to kill gecko's for ?

they shit a lot in the home but I kind of love them . really I do , it is a part of being in asia .

The only way to get rid of them is probably making a trap to catch them .: header:

• Sad 1

What in hel_l do you want to kill gecko's for ?

they shit a lot in the home but I kind of love them . really I do , it is a part of being in asia .

The only way to get rid of them is probably making a trap to catch them .: header:

I guess you could ask the same question "What in hel_l do you want to kill cockroaches for ?" or "What in hel_l do you want to kill ants for ?". Simple: i just don't like them in my home :o

P.S. for the trap idea i kind of tried this with sticky paper but it just didn't really work because you can't cover your whole wall in sticky paper, unless anyone knows some kind of food that geckos like which would bring them over to the sticky paper?

Edited by dave111223
  • Like 1

Dave, I don't know why you want to kill geckos. They are lovely little lizards. They perform useful tasks like keeping the mosquito population down.

If you want to kill them, or keep them at bay, spray the walls with Shelldrox Ant & Cockroach poison. It is basically a nerve agent like VX stuff you see in movies. The geckos walk over the stuff, lose control of there co-ordination, fall & go into a fit like a rabid dog, then die. Three or four generations later all your house geckos will be deformed, a little like "agent orange" has done to some humans. Not pretty.

Up to you.

Personally I hope you learn to live with them.

Soundman.

Eventually they will slip through the doors anyway . I just not like the idea you want to kill them .

On the other hand to get rid of them also means to get away with them . To catch them and bring them away to somebody who loves them . :o .

But I agree with soundman the best is to try to find a way to live with them .

I do hate their shit though . :D

Most homes don't have a gecko (tookey), and if they do they feel very lucky. They are the large lizards that are known to use bad language when they speak (at least it sounds that way to many English speakers).

The little chingchok are great ant and insect eaters but if you really don't like them it is not that hard to catch and release outside.

If you are really in a killing mood a good termite spray of your home will probably do them in.

Most homes don't have a gecko (tookey), and if they do they feel very lucky. They are the large lizards that are known to use bad language when they speak (at least it sounds that way to many English speakers).

The little chingchok are great ant and insect eaters but if you really don't like them it is not that hard to catch and release outside.

If you are really in a killing mood a good termite spray of your home will probably do them in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but i am referring to Chingchoks (not tookeys). I dont have any of the big (loud) ones around only the little ones.

As for the sprays that people have mentioned i've tried this too, but it wears off so quickly. If you point the can at one chingchok for a minute it does kill him, but it doesn't solve the overall problem. They just keep coming back.

I'm looking for some kind of tray of poisonous gecko food that i could leave around and then just forget about it (you know what i mean?) I don't want to be chasing them around with a spray can all day.

P.S. My current method is the vacuum cleaner, but as with the spray can this is not a good method seeing as you have to get each one individually.

Edited by dave111223
  • Like 1

Here's my one.His name is Alfred. :o

post-11672-1184770723_thumb.jpg

Here's my one.His name is Alfred. :o

He is SO CUTE!!!

I think geckos are amazing. I even have a gecko tattoo.

Aw have a heart for the wee geckos Dave! :D

Not you too eek.A french lady friend of mine has a gecko tatt too. :D

Most tropical places seem to have geckos. We had them in Hawaii, too. I don't think you can really get rid of them. Catch or kill them (if you can) and they will come back in sooner or later.

Hawaiians believe that geckos are lucky and bring good fortune to a household and its members. To kill them was considered to bring bad luck. I think Thais have similar beliefs.

In addition to bringing good luck, of course, geckos eat cockroaches, mosquitos, and other insects. So, if you have a few geckos around, you have less problem with such pests.

Learn to live with them, they are really your friends.

There is no way to get rid of them. I live in the 5th floor of an apt bldg., have a door that seals around all edges, sliding glass balcony door etc.

There are always one or two little guys about.

I really like them.

I really don't like the idea of malaria, or dengue fever, carried by the mosquitos that geckos eat.

I say (as others have said) learn to live with them. Maybe even learn to love them. Geckos are our friends. :o

McG

Chingchok survive on little insects. Keep your house clean and airy to keep number of insects low, thus reduce the chance of Chingchok coming to your house.

Chingchok trap: Leave a long glass container with some sweet condensed milk in it overnight. You will find Chingchok trapped by the sticky condensed milk in it.

Chingchok deterrent:

Clean your house with 1:20 bleaching agent (1) mixed with water (20). Do it once a week to keep the effect.

Spray insecticide on all doors and windows frame once a week to keep the Chingchok from entering your premise.

Keep shell from hard-boiled eggs in a container. Place the container with egg shell at the location where Chingchok normally appears. The scent could keep them away. Moth balls have similar effect to keep Chingchok away but hard boiled egg shell is a better choice. Change egg shell when effect wears off.

Hope the info is useful :o

I assume you've got bug screens on all doors and windows?

Leave a bright light on, on an outside wall - make it brighter than the inside lights so the bugs will fly to the light and the jin-joks will congregate there, and not in the house.

If one does come in and you want to catch him, try "Look" kitchen spray. If he runs up the wall or across the ceiling, the spray will make him fall off. When he hits the floor, spray him again and his little legs will be going 15 to the dozen, but he won't be going anywhere - too slippery! :o Then you can pick him up - with soft kitchen paper - and throw him outside.

Don't kill them, they're far too cute. Apart from the white-tipped poo.

A house cat will take care of many of them. That's why I don't have any cats. The little guys irritate my wife and any tookay that manages to get in the house is quickly captured and thrown out.

They aren't actually in my house (condo), but hang around on the balcony. And every once in a while a cheeky one will decide to come inside (at which point we have to chase him around with the vacuum) But i figure if i could just eliminate them from the balcony it would stop the possibility of them coming inside.

Chingchok survive on little insects. Keep your house clean and airy to keep number of insects low, thus reduce the chance of Chingchok coming to your house.

Chingchok trap: Leave a long glass container with some sweet condensed milk in it overnight. You will find Chingchok trapped by the sticky condensed milk in it.

Chingchok deterrent:

Clean your house with 1:20 bleaching agent (1) mixed with water (20). Do it once a week to keep the effect.

Spray insecticide on all doors and windows frame once a week to keep the Chingchok from entering your premise.

Keep shell from hard-boiled eggs in a containe

r. Place the container with egg shell at the location where Chingchok normally appears. The scent could keep them away. Moth balls have similar effect to keep Chingchok away but hard boiled egg shell is a better choice. Change egg shell when effect wears off.

Hope the info is useful :o

Very useful! I think it will try the long glass with condensed milk (sounds like the kind of method i'm looking for)

For reducing inserts maybe i will buy one of those plug in zappers to kill all the bugs (thus hopefully reducing the geckos)

Moth balls and eggs might make it nasty for the geckos, but will make it nasty for me too!

If one does come in and you want to catch him, try "Look" kitchen spray. If he runs up the wall or across the ceiling, the spray will make him fall off. When he hits the floor, spray him again and his little legs will be going 15 to the dozen, but he won't be going anywhere - too slippery! smile.gif Then you can pick him up - with soft kitchen paper - and throw him outside.

You spray cooking oil on your walls.....?

EDIT: Sorry realizing now that you are probably talking about some kind to kitchen cleaner, not oil :D (I thought were talking about spraying the house down with "Pam")

Edited by dave111223