Click tyre Air Pressure

roger101

I have asked this before but couldn't find it again , so.

What's the best motorcycle shop in Pattaya to have your tyre pressure checked? Every time anyone inflates my tyres the pressure to me seems too hard. A friend checked my tyres the other day after seeing a mechanic inflate my front tyre. It was  60psi. I have difficulty doing it myself as my mobility is not what it was and getting that low is a problem. 

So I need a shop that checks tyre pressure with a gauge, not the traditional Thai way of squeezing the tyre.

• Like 2

hey Roger, I am not anexpert but a lot of tyre manufaturers have that reccomended tyre pressur stamped / ingrained on the tyre it's self. Maybe check that first and if you can't find anything then try to contact the manufacturer.

Buy a cheap pressure gauge and check the pressure after the Thai numpty has blown them up to rock hard at 65psi. Then simply release the excess air in several stages to achieve your required pressure.

The Thai numpty science logic assumes that tyres naturally lose pressure, so inflating rock hard means your tyres will stay inflated for longer.

I run mine at the recommended pressures, but take off 3psi in the wet season.

EDIT:  Forgot to add regarding your mobility, keep the gauge under the scooter seat and get the numpty to check the pressure under your supervision.  If you don't know the Thai for the appropriate numbers, learning them isn't difficult.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have asked this before but couldn't find it again , so.

What's the best motorcycle shop in Pattaya to have your tyre pressure checked? Every time anyone inflates my tyres the pressure to me seems too hard. A friend checked my tyres the other day after seeing a mechanic inflate my front tyre. It was  60psi. I have difficulty doing it myself as my mobility is not what it was and getting that low is a problem. 

So I need a shop that checks tyre pressure with a gauge, not the traditional Thai way of squeezing the tyre.

Buy a pressure guage. And then either buy a bicycle pump, or go to a gas station and fill the tires to the exact specs. I do it weekly. Makes the bike far safer to drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

In 2020, I bought this device (THB800 roughly)...

Cheap & very easy to use

image.png.8a8112639e564f69f0fe6ad3aea25ac7.png

Xiaomi Mijia AirPump

Have been using one for just over 3 years. Works well, a bit noisy but that's Ok, good for checking Motobike and kids bike tyres.

Battery old (maybe overuse!) will only last about 5 min now before needing recharge. Pain in the butt to change battery (check YouTube) so will probably buy new pump. They have the improved model 2 now so will give that a try.

I recommend getting the tube extension, much easier to use than the fiddly screw on fitting that's supplied.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/flash-salereplacement-tube-extension-mouth-hose-for-xiaomi-air-pump-electric-inflator-part-i2733090537.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.29cdb502cvHQoX

On 12/11/2023 at 1:12 AM, roger101 said:

I know what the tyre pressure should be . 29 Front, 33 Rear. It's just getting Thais to do it with a pressure gauge instead of using their judgment on what it feels like.

I'd all good bro.

Hand them a gauge and tell them the pressure you want.

Works every time.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Xiaomi Mijia AirPump

Have been using one for just over 3 years. Works well, a bit noisy but that's Ok, good for checking Motobike and kids bike tyres.

Battery old (maybe overuse!) will only last about 5 min now before needing recharge. Pain in the butt to change battery (check YouTube) so will probably buy new pump. They have the improved model 2 now so will give that a try.

I recommend getting the tube extension, much easier to use than the fiddly screw on fitting that's supplied.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/flash-salereplacement-tube-extension-mouth-hose-for-xiaomi-air-pump-electric-inflator-part-i2733090537.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.29cdb502cvHQoX

i almost bought one but my foot pump has lasted 6 years already, works fine

On 12/11/2023 at 9:44 PM, Fab5BKK said:

In 2020, I bought this device (THB800 roughly)...

Cheap & very easy to use

image.png.8a8112639e564f69f0fe6ad3aea25ac7.png

Absolutely agree. The only person who checks the tyre pressures on our motorcycles is me using a similar device. And I check them regularly, particularly the Click as they do tend to get a bit porous as they age.