Samui airport parking fees per day for a car

Still about 200 per day, parked up there about a month ago for three days.

Quick trick that saves annoyance on return, check in on line and avoid the unwashed masses at departures. Park in the arrivals lot as it is then just a short trundle to the departure gates and when you arrive back on Samui your car is waiting for you right there at arrivals.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Can samui said:

Quick trick that saves annoyance on return, check in on line and avoid the unwashed masses at departures. Park in the arrivals lot as it is then just a short trundle to the departure gates and when you arrive back on Samui your car is waiting for you right there at arrivals.

If we tell everyone it won't be a secret

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Can samui said:

Are you saying that you can check in  online, then drop your bags off at departures....then drive round to the arrivals car park and park...and then walk from there to the departure gates?

Don't they have security to stop you going to the departure gates from the arrivals car park???

6 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Are you saying that you can check in  online, then drop your bags off at departures....then drive round to the arrivals car park and park...and then walk from there to the departure gates?

Don't they have security to stop you going to the departure gates from the arrivals car park???

The departure security entrance is on the far end of the shopping esplanade from the check in and very close to arrivals.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

No they do not.

I use this trick when I go to the airport on my motorbike. Leave it at arrivals rather than departures.

I usually check in online and only travel with a back pack.

Straight to the gate. No queues.

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

No they do not.

I use this trick when I go to the airport on my motorbike. Leave it at arrivals rather than departures.

I usually check in online and only travel with a back pack.

Straight to the gate. No queues.

Many thanks.

But, what happens about your boarding pass?....Will they accept a self printed one when you go to security and at the gate?

Do you think the method I described would work if you have check in baggage?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Many thanks.

But, what happens about your boarding pass?....Will they accept a self printed one when you go to security and at the gate?

Do you think the method I described would work if you have check in baggage?

The one time that I had check in luggage a year or so ago, I went straight to Business class check in (I fly economy but have the Bangkok Airways resident card), showed my A4 check in form and that was it. No problem.

At first, the security folk were nervous about my A4 form and would ask the supervisor if it was OK, but lately, no issues.

I follow the same process when returning to Samui. I ask the hotel to print out the A4 check in form for me. Head for security at the airport. Sorted and then straight to the Bangkok Airways lounge.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The one time that I had check in luggage a year or so ago, I went straight to Business class check in (I fly economy but have the Bangkok Airways resident card), showed my A4 check in form and that was it. No problem.

At first, the security folk were nervous about my A4 form and would ask the supervisor if it was OK, but lately, no issues.

I follow the same process when returning to Samui. I ask the hotel to print out the A4 check in form for me. Head for security at the airport. Sorted and then straight to the Bangkok Airways lounge.

Great Reply......Many Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Can samui said:

Just a thought.

Is the arrivals car park the same cost per day as the departures?

(I try not to make assumptions when dealing with BA and charges.)

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Just a thought.

Is the arrivals car park the same cost per day as the departures?

(I try not to make assumptions when dealing with BA and charges.)

Yes. A parking card is the same from either departures entrance or arrivals entrance.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1