Woman Arrested After Stealing Mobile Phone from German Tourist at Phuket Beach

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – A woman was arrested after stealing a mobile phone from a German tourist at a beach in Wichit.

The Phuket Tourist Police told the Phuket Express that on Thursday (December 14th) Ms. Van (alias), 25, a German national, went swimming in the sea in Ao Yon. She put her iPhone 13 Pro that cost about 30,000 baht in her bag on the beach. Thirty minutes later she found that her mobile phone had disappeared from the bag while she was swimming. She consequently filed a report to the Wichit Police.

The Phuket Tourist Police and the Wichit Police checked CCTV footage at a hotel near the beach. They found that a suspect identified as Ms. Saw (alias), 24, had been near the bag. 

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dave0206 said:

I know it's wrong to steal but who in there right mind leaves a bag unattended with valuables inside?

I go to the beach a few mornings a week, the other day I was sat on the wall and I noticed a few tourist leaving their belongings on the beach while they went down to the water, 

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, of course she had the latest iphone because barely noticeable incremental upgrades are totally worth the exorbitant costs. 

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Think of owning the latest iphone and all the admiring glances one gets when holding it in ones hand or to the ear and people around thinking mmm thats a hiso.

The iPhone 13 Pro is not the latest. The latest is the 15 Pro. She bought it for 30k THB which suggests she didn't pay full price because in Germany the Pros cost over 45k THB. But go on and paint it as some weird hiso show-off item for some reason. In the western world iPhones are not exactly a status symbol. Not when every second person has one.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Think of owning the latest iphone and all the admiring glances one gets when holding it in ones hand or to the ear and people around thinking mmm thats a hiso.

Maybe the tourist in the OP should consider replacing her old model (that was stolen) with the latest, then?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

the latest iphone

The model is more than2 years old.

My son had one then upgraded to the 14 model. He works. His money. Up to him. I'd still have a Nokia if I could understand how to use a phone or if I could tape it to my forehead in order not to forget it somewhere. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1