Bangkok visa agent

Hello Peeps,

I require a UK visa agent in Bangkok for my Thai gf. Minor issues re her history best dealt with by an agent. I don't want to go into detail here, either publicly or by DM (unless you are being exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful).

I'm self employed and my retirement and more permanent move to LoS through property sale protracted by usual British solicitors dragging their feet over trivialities.

Agent required needs to have sympathetic ear. Consider necessary relationship and financial issues dealt with at my end and family and property dealt with at hers.

Thanks in advance.

Seagull Sam

It really doesn't matter where your agent is based. It doesn't have to be Bangkok. IMHO the best visa agnecy for UK visas is Thai Visa Express, based in Pattaya. They are registered with the OISC in UK, and have offices in UK and Thailand.  Their website details their fees (unlike many other visa agencies). Contact them on

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Tony M said:

It really doesn't matter where your agent is based. It doesn't have to be Bangkok. IMHO the best visa agnecy for UK visas is Thai Visa Express, based in Pattaya. 

Thanks for the tip. I think we tried them when last in Pattaya at Xmas last year. They are opposite a big Tesco Lotus / slightly downbeat mall I recall.

Despite what I thought was an appointment the place seemed to resemble feeding time at the zoo with the woman at the desk dealing with two or three others at the same time. We left with a slightly disagreeable feeling.

Most important is a "reason to return." if that's not absolutely foolproof, expect disappointment.

As you were told back in March:

Just keep in mind that all questions on a visa application must be answered correctly, failure to do so may well result in the application being refused and if answered dishonestly, may result in the applicant being banned from making future applications for a lengthy period.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Seagull Sam said:

Thanks for the tip. I think we tried them when last in Pattaya at Xmas last year. They are opposite a big Tesco Lotus / slightly downbeat mall I recall.

Despite what I thought was an appointment the place seemed to resemble feeding time at the zoo with the woman at the desk dealing with two or three others at the same time. We left with a slightly disagreeable feeling.

No, that wasn't Thai Visa Express. It is another, non-regsistered, visa agency. The owner passed away last year, and his staff are trying to continue. My original suggestion still stands.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Seagull Sam said:

Hello Peeps,

I require a UK visa agent in Bangkok for my Thai gf. Minor issues re her history best dealt with by an agent. I don't want to go into detail here, either publicly or by DM (unless you are being exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful).

I'm self employed and my retirement and more permanent move to LoS through property sale protracted by usual British solicitors dragging their feet over trivialities.

Agent required needs to have sympathetic ear. Consider necessary relationship and financial issues dealt with at my end and family and property dealt with at hers.

Thanks in advance.

Seagull Sam

Thai Visa Expert Nadeem

7 hours ago, Seagull Sam said:

Hello Peeps,

Thanks in advance.

Seagull Sam

Agents can't magic away any issues you may have.

They simply check the application is in order.

I guess they could advise against leaving out details that could be detrimental but that would be lying on a visa application. Not a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Agents can't magic away any issues you may have.

They simply check the application is in order.

I guess they could advise against leaving out details that could be detrimental but that would be lying on a visa application. Not a good idea.

That is all I am expecting but looking for specific recommendations rather than general advice please.

6 hours ago, Tony M said:

No, that wasn't Thai Visa Express. It is another, non-regsistered, visa agency. The owner passed away last year, and his staff are trying to continue. My original suggestion still stands.

Thanks, I'll give it a go then.

47 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

My recommendation is, don't use an agent.

If  certain details mean application refusal, so be it.

I’d be interested to learn how you reached that conclusion, is it based on personal experience, knowledge of Immigration Law or just hearsay?

In my experience and fully qualified agent fully understands the application process, how to draft a meaningful application and even how to advise an applicant when not to apply.

1 minute ago, theoldgit said:

I’d be interested to learn how you reached that conclusion, is it based on personal experience, knowledge of Immigration Law or just hearsay?

In my experience and fully qualified agent fully understands the application process, how to draft a meaningful application and even how to advise an applicant when not to apply.

The application process is not difficult. 

Follow the guidelines, offer up the required paperwork, pay the fees, lodge application.

The process is the same whether an agent is used or not.

You are a little enigmatic 're history'

I'm American so have no clue about the UK visa system, but you also don't say what visa she is applying for!

But all I would say is make sure you understand the issues regarding 'history' and that they have never been glossed over in a previous application.

That is the kiss of death for any farangland visa application