Plugs not working but breaker says everything on

Nic0627

Hello, I’m hoping for some advice or insight from an electrician here. After plugging in our oven this evening all our plugs downstairs stopped working, the water pump, fridge, and washer also stopped working. We checked the breaker and all circuits showed ON. We tried flipping the main breaker on and off. Nothing. Then we tried flipping the circuits that say plug. Nothing changed. The plugs, lights, and ac upstairs are working fine. And the ac and lights downstairs work too.  

We aren't sure what the problem is. Any insight would be very appreciated. 

IMG_2353.jpeg

Thank you for the input, I do not know much about electrical stuff so I wasn’t sure if I should touch the RCD breaker. We had an electrician come who checked everything and flipped the RCD breaker. He says we cannot use our oven at all in the house. We asked if he can upgrade the electrical somehow to allow us to use the oven. 

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

So he is kind of stuck. But as you say if the RCD is tripping he has a problem in the wiring somewhere. Isolate it and then have it sorted out.

It looks like the oven may be leaky, if it's not been used for a while this can be a problem.

He seems to have some non-RCD outlets so he could just plug the beast in there and run it for a while to dry out any moisture in the elements.

• Like 1

Thank you, yeah the oven is what caused the issue. When we plugged it in all downstairs outlets stopped working. The property manager will talk to us later today about adjusting the electrical system to allow for oven usage. But for now he says we cannot use it or it will trip the system. If I have anymore questions I’ll post them here. Thank you all for your comments, this is new to me so I really appreciate your expertise and responsiveness! Have a great day! 

Just now, Crossy said:

It looks like the oven may be leaky, if it's not been used for a while this can be a problem.

He seems to have some non-RCD outlets so he could just plug the beast in there and run it for a while to dry out any moisture in the elements.

Could well be. If he isolates all then one by one switches them on he will find the problematic circuit