Thai man rides motorcycle 20,000 kilometres from Thailand to France

webfact

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would make the story more credible if there was any link to a trip report. At these times of war it must be even more difficult to do such a trip.

Which war impinges on the route between Thailand and France?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TICINO said:

Be careful when returning to Thailand

In many of the countries they will have passed through, the standard of driving is appalling and the roads much worse than here. They'll probably be very happy to be back in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, it would. As well as it would be rather much to actually drive over 360 km per day in general for 55 consecutive days. Not that it is impossible, but probably quite exhausting.

Did he say they drove in 55 consecutive days? 

16 hours ago, Letseng said:

Did he say they drove in 55 consecutive days? 

55 days its not consecuctive

you can drive this in 14 days , route within china easy, route from kirgis bishkek or astana until turkey are well  and modern ,and many people drive within 3 days from astana until south turkey.from turkey to france 3 days and from thai to north china i dont know but not think more than 7 days....   55 days is a longt time with a lot of visiting attractions ..and off the mainroads

this route from turkey until china , via all this historical countrys is one of the last adventures in the world, with very very firendly people en route , cheap to do ,and you can camp all the way long without interferring of police. the biggest issue is visas , specially for turkmenistan. the rest of the  countrys like UZ,KY,KZ,GE,AZ, are for westerners visa free ,RU as well for thais visa free,CN actual visa free

The mountain regions of the east are full of colours and impressive and their cititzen very friendly  ,and even you find some modern cities arround , where islam is secondary and full of beautis with excellent nightlife and high chance of picking a beauty ( for ex bishkek)

• Thumbs Up 1

Quite an accomplishment. When one considers the climate, the topography, the road conditions, the lack of accomodations (he must be a well versed camper), and the various government rules, etc. great kudos must be given to this guy for doing this. An amazing feat.

• Agree 2

On 12/19/2023 at 8:47 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Would make the story more credible if there was any link to a trip report. At these times of war it must be even more difficult to do such a trip.

Is this story in any way related to the other one on TikTok, of the Grab driver who "flew all the way to Singapore to buy chicken rice for a customer in Bangkok"? Asking for a friend...

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

great kudos must be given to this guy for doing this. An amazing feat.

I worked through his FB account and no one should think he was alone!

It was more like expedition style with a couple of participants and organized by some tour expert company. BMW and Harleys among the group.

There were a total of six cars accompanying (Jeep and the like).

Broken axles, self repaired cars, Harley service in Switzerland for free :smile: etc. etc.

Don't even think you can organize the bureaucratic (visa, vehicle/driving permits) and logistic stuff like a piece of cake.

He described endless waiting at Chinese border, Kazakhstan easy in comparison.

The return trip was each to his own. Motorcycles shipped.

He himself flew back on Thai Airways from Frankfurt on Oct 25, on to Krabi next day.

28 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Don't get it. why not fly? Would have been a lot cheaper. Economy to Paris can be bought for 30000 Baht.

Mate, no where, in the article I read, did they say it was cheaper, than flighing, have you never heard of "adventure."

22 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Mate, no where, in the article I read, did they say it was cheaper, than flighing, have you never heard of "adventure."

Well, when I see a motorbike in Paris, "adventure" isn't the first word that springs to mind. 

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite an accomplishment. When one considers the climate, the topography, the road conditions, the lack of accomodations (he must be a well versed camper), and the various government rules, etc. great kudos must be given to this guy for doing this. An amazing feat.

road conditions for the main highways are good to excellent, depend on country but none of the countrys from china to Eu are in bad condition , there is a lot of development last 10 years

The clima btw may and october is fair and good for driving ( main roads)

There are enough hotels from KZ to TR ,and i think in china too. and a lot of locals providing shelter with very impressive expirience in a positive way , as well camping is not a problem in public areas

most of the trip its a safe region with very nice people especally in the countryside

cheap to run  ,fuel is from KZ to TR as well only 0,50usd , food and sleep cheap too

most people never travelld to the eastern countrys and central asia , but they think have the knowledge.to change prejudices , try out.  I was having before same  prejudices, but since travelld to the first country, its changed and now was in  all of them ( ex turkmenistan) , and i am really thiking about doing the trip by car  but lack of intrest from friends due to to prejudices, planed  is TR until KZ/KY , without china ( i am not a fan of china),timeframe 6 weeks

1 hour ago, lapamita said:

road conditions for the main highways are good to excellent, depend on country but none of the countrys from china to Eu are in bad condition , there is a lot of development last 10 years

The clima btw may and october is fair and good for driving ( main roads)

There are enough hotels from KZ to TR ,and i think in china too. and a lot of locals providing shelter with very impressive expirience in a positive way , as well camping is not a problem in public areas

most of the trip its a safe region with very nice people especally in the countryside

cheap to run  ,fuel is from KZ to TR as well only 0,50usd , food and sleep cheap too

most people never travelld to the eastern countrys and central asia , but they think have the knowledge.to change prejudices , try out.  I was having before same  prejudices, but since travelld to the first country, its changed and now was in  all of them ( ex turkmenistan) , and i am really thiking about doing the trip by car  but lack of intrest from friends due to to prejudices, planed  is TR until KZ/KY , without china ( i am not a fan of china),timeframe 6 weeks

Nice post. Give it a try. Even if you do it alone. I feel the same about China. I was intrigued at one point, but if I never go, not gonna be an issue at all. Despise the leadership, the people are ok.