Solvent based polyurethane for concrete

Orangutan

Just now, Orangutan said:

Great link thanks very much. I had already searched the usual places, most of the polyurethane is for wood, not concrete, and advertises interior rather than exterior.

~O

They are a great company to deal with, good English, very helpful and their products are priced sensibly.

As one who developed severe reactions from polyurethane fumes after using on teakwood for a few days urge caution and perhaps use of a respirator when using.  Still get very ill when enter any area that has been recently treated.  Have never had any other allergy so was a complete surprise.  

https://ecospaints.net/polyurethane-fume-exposure-health-need-know

21 hours ago, Orangutan said:

I know it should be easy but I’m having a hard time finding it any recommendations?

~O

It isn’t the best finish for the job

18 hours ago, Orangutan said:

Great link thanks very much. I had already searched the usual places, most of the polyurethane is for wood, not concrete, and advertises interior rather than exterior.

There is little difference between polyurethane advertised for wood and polyurethane advertised for concrete, the polyurethane advertised for concrete can be less flexible material than the then the polyurethane advertised for use on wood, but since it’s a poor material for use on concrete you probably not find many products designed for that purpose.

For information as to why it’s not a great product for concrete see the link https://www.floormasters.co.nz/polyurethane-concrete-floor-coating-dont-do-it/

as to UV stabilisation, the reason why you don’t find many products which UV stabilised is, they have to be softer this is because the UV stabilised products are all significantly softer than the non-UV stabilised products.

I personally use R&B interior and interior polyurethane. They are water-based and probably the best base polyurethane available in Thailand. Today, there is little benefit in going for a solvent based polyurethane over the best quality water-based polyurethane, I haven’t used them so concrete only for wood as I have no need to try to use a product that isn’t the best for the purpose. When using the interior of urethane, the coating is hard and hard wearing, when using the exterior polyurethane the coating is always softer so it’s less good for many situations and it certainly would be less good to use on the floor.

• 2 weeks later...