TM30 Online - reporting yourself as the tenant

Has anyone done the reporting of TM30 online themselves as a tenant? https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web

I'm looking at the "Register" link on the site and one of the questions is uploading documents/files but that has nothing to do with us as a tenant who's renting the property. I would've thought they'd be asking for us to upload the rental contract with the owners passport details & land title document.

Attached file Document
1. Business license or signed copy business registration confirmation
2. Letter of authorization to conduct the registration
3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorization person

I'm looking at the FAQ on the site: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/RegisterEN/index.html

Am I right in understanding that as a tenant, we can't report a TM30 ourselves online?

Preparation document information?

The registrant can be a home owner or business owner or a person authorized to operate. Please prepare the following documents for registration:

1. Business license or signed copy business registration confirmation.

2. Letter of authorization to conduct the registration.

3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorization person.

Kindly to prepare as a document file.

The documents listed are for hotels etc not for private residences.  This iste is most heavily used by hotels etc. Disregard.

When I registered I uploaded my yellow tabian ban, Thai pink ID card, Passport.

Not sure but I think some without these have been able to register with rental agreement. What I am not sure of, is whether they also needed to upload pix of landlord tabian ban.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Similar - just the yellow Tabian Baan and passport. Did not bother with the pink id.

For villas that we manage, just the blue Tabian Baan. They asked for owner's passport details as well but we never had to show them. They accepted my passport details.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The documents listed are for hotels etc not for private residences.  This iste is most heavily used by hotels etc. Disregard.

Not sure but I think some without these have been able to register with rental agreement. What I am not sure of, is whether they also needed to upload pix of landlord tabian ban.

They don't make it easy to report a TM30 online as a renter.

After registering and setting up the account, does someone actually check if the documents are correct? What would be bad is if a renter does it online, then they find out a few months down the track when going to do an extension of stay that the TM30 done online wasn't correct and wasn't accepted.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

You are notified by email when your registration is accepted.

Roughly how long does it take for the acceptance notification via email to take after submitting? If it takes a few days I think it may be safer for me to make the trip to Jomtien immigration and do it the manual way, just to be safe. 

I did mine last week.  Filled in the forms and uploaded my landlords ID and house book. Got an immediate page response on  Immigration letterhead. On informed status it had a color highlighted "informed". I went to immigration the next day for a resident certificate and the tm30 was up to date so it obviously worked.

In my opinion for me anyway the approval was much to quick for it to be actually read by a human.  Maybe some A.I. software.  High tech Thailand:)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't remember exactly but it wasn't long.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I did mine last week.  Filled in the forms and uploaded my landlords ID and house book. Got an immediate page response on  Immigration letterhead. On informed status it had a color highlighted "informed". I went to immigration the next day for a resident certificate and the tm30 was up to date so it obviously worked.

In my opinion for me anyway the approval was much to quick for it to be actually read by a human.  Maybe some A.I. software.  High tech Thailand:)

Are you the owner? You can't do it online as a tenant who's renting.

Lucky I went to Jomtien Immigration and did a TM30 there, as if you do it online you are not allowed to do it as a tenant who's renting. I asked Jomtien Immigration after doing the TM30 if I can do it online, and she said "no because you are not the owner. Only the owner can do it".

What I've found on this forum is there are a lot incorrect information being given. The best thing to do is to only listen to the immigration officers only. That's the only safe method.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Lucky I went to Jomtien Immigration and did a TM30 there, as if you do it online you are not allowed to do it as a tenant who's renting. I asked Jomtien Immigration after doing the TM30 if I can do it online, and she said "no because you are not the owner. Only the owner can do it".

What I've found on this forum is there are a lot incorrect information being given. The best thing to do is to only listen to the immigration officers only. That's the only safe method.

Yes you can register as a tenant no problem as others have reported before. It differentiates between the person registering and the Tennant. You as a tenant can register and then add your landlord as the property owner with the address. Literally done it a couple of weeks ago.

Just need passport, rental agreement from your side to register in the system then landlord ID and house book copy from them to register the address. I got all the info from a previous thread. 

Just make sure you download a copy of the new TM30 as soon as it's done (there is now an update where you can download rather than a screen print) as I believe it only stays in the system to download for 7 days.

Also with all due respect we all know that you can speak to 2 or 3 different im officers and get 2,3 even 4 different answers so they are not always correct. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

Also with all due respect we all know that you can speak to 2 or 3 different im officers and get 2,3 even 4 different answers so they are not always correct. 

The problem is they may not be correct, but will you argue with the immigration officer and/or the queue ticket girls that they are incorrect when you go there for an extension when they say you didn't come and do a TM30 "correctly", as the way they believe it should be done, in this case physically at Jomtien immigration? Being correct is one thing, but arguing with an IO they are wrong and making them lose face probably won't go down too well. Might not only get a 1,600 baht fine for no or late TM30 but actually turn out worse. I don't think I'd want to get confrontational with an IO saying that they are wrong and make them lose face, especially when you are very reliant on them to stay here. In this case you have to believe what they say is "correct" and just do what they tell you to do.

Edited by bbi1
  • Agree 1

On 12/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Sheryl said:

I did the same and was approved.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The problem is they may not be correct, but will you argue with the immigration officer and/or the queue ticket girls that they are incorrect when you go there for an extension when they say you didn't come and do a TM30 "correctly", as the way they believe it should be done, in this case physically at Jomtien immigration? Being correct is one thing, but arguing with an IO they are wrong and making them lose face probably won't go down too well. Might not only get a 1,600 baht fine for no or late TM30 but actually turn out worse. I don't think I'd want to get confrontational with an IO saying that they are wrong and make them lose face, especially when you are very reliant on them to stay here. In this case you have to believe what they say is "correct" and just do what they tell you to do.

I haven't seen a single report of Jomtien refusing to accept an online TM30, have you?

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I thought it was the owners responsibility to do a TM30 not the tenant or are some owners too lazy to do one ?

Technically it is, but it is the expat renter who will suffer the consequences if not done. Including the fine.

And yes, some owners are lazy to do it; others have no idea about it.

Just now, Sheryl said:

I haven't seen a single report of Jomtien refusing to accept an online TM30, have you?

I have no idea. All I'm reporting is what Jomtien TM30 desk told me today when I asked her when I did a physical TM30 report today. I asked "Next time, can I do my TM30 report online?" and her reply was "No, you are not the owner. Only the owner can do it online"

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I thought it was the owners responsibility to do a TM30 not the tenant or are some owners too lazy to do one ?

it is BUT ur the one that needs it for doing things soooo  :-)

PHUKET
I was able to register as the renter ( possessor) of the house
needed landlords id card, house book, copy my passport 
no problem

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

100% agree with you in the fact that I would just say OK not possible and thank you for the information. Meanwhile I would then register online as I did and many others have done and not mention it to im. Especially as I don't believe they told you they wouldn't accept an online version. This would be a different matter completely. 

I'm definitely not here to antagonise io's and I wouldn't think of arguing with them especially in the office as we all know how that would go. Normally most info can be found on here or online. I would always prefer to gain info by myself. 

23 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You subsequently opened this closed topic and got all the information there:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315490-tm30-online-only-owners-can-not-if-you-are-a-tenant-renting/?do=findComment&comment=18577566

:mfr_closed1:

Edited by Maestro
to reflect the correct chronology