Drug-induced hallucination leads to violent assault on two young boys

snoop1130

หลอนหนักไล่ฟัน1.jpg

A man under the influence of marijuana and cough syrup mixed with kratom severely hallucinated, chased and injured two young boys aged six and nine with a blunted knife.

Plc Yongyut Thongma, an investigative officer at the Chok Chai Police Station, was notified about the violent assault on the two boys. The incident took place in front of a porridge shop within the Soi Lat Phrao 87, Junction 5 (Chantra Suk Community) in the Klong Chao Khun Sing Subdistrict, Lat Phrao District, Bangkok. The officer, along with Plc Setthaphon Srisakorn, the head of the Chok Chai Police Station, his deputy, Plc Polkrit Thipayatatsanan, and Plc Pichit Khamyot, another deputy, rushed to the scene. They were accompanied by the Chok Chai Police Station’s investigative team and emergency responders.

At the scene, they found the six year old boy with a serious head injury. He was quickly taken to Nopparat Hospital for emergency treatment. The nine year old boy, who had injuries on both wrists, was taken to the Police Hospital, having passed the critical stage. The 28 year old perpetrator, Thanet Taenhiran, was apprehended with a long-bladed knife and his black-red Honda Wave motorcycle, registration number 8กฆ4987 Bangkok, at an apartment’s car park in Soi Lat Phrao 83. The police managed to subdue the situation within 28 minutes, reported Khao Sod.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of Khao Sod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

black-red Honda Wave motorcycle, registration number 8กฆ4987

Is  anybody here wondering why they  always state the reg number ?     I'll put you out of your misery, its a tip for the lottery,  I can guarantee  anybody connected with this case including (especially) the bereaved will be working out the permutations of any two from those four numbers as we speak!     Sad but true

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

It seems that these "hallucinations" are quite selective in targeting children, women, old or disabled people. For some reason athletic men, Muay Thai boxers, or anyone who appears to be strong is never a target...

Saying they are all Muay Thai boxers is like saying all Americans are NFL players or all British are all Cricket or Football stars

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:
17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A man under the influence of marijuana and cough syrup mixed with kratom severely hallucinated,

Well he was fully loaded... Go Thailand

Unless the marijuana use was medical, none of what happened is condoned by Thailand as your "Go Thailand" comment suggests.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What about the cough syrup and kratom cocktail that was also blamed?

I took kratom instead of painkillers for about 6 months , I didn’t get aggressive and I was in severe pain , so I guess it’s the cough syrup sold over the counter 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Irish star said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What about the cough syrup and kratom cocktail that was also blamed?

I took kratom instead of painkillers for about 6 months , I didn’t get aggressive and I was in severe pain , so I guess it’s the cough syrup sold over the counter 

Or, maybe, as the article suggested, it was a combination of the three (a combination that you did not take) that could, perhaps, explain your lack of aggression.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Irish star said:
1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Because you have not seen anyone affected by it does that ensure that no one is affected?

You must be a drinker , they hate ganja like it’s some competition ffs 

You must be a pot head, they hate alcohol like it's some competition, "ffs".

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

It seems that these "hallucinations" are quite selective in targeting children, women, old or disabled people. For some reason athletic men, Muay Thai boxers, or anyone who appears to be strong is never a target...

None of the victims of these attacks by Thai mummy's boys ever are capable of defending themselves, drug induced or not the attacks are almost always, as you say, targeted towards children or the elderly.

On the relatively  rare occasions that they have to fight somebody equal to themselves  they invariably lower the odds by bringing a gang with them.

There is no shame attached to fighting 5 or more onto one. It is seen as a mark of intelligence

• Sad 1

Saying they are all Muay Thai boxers is like saying all Americans are NFL players or all British are all Cricket or Football stars

happy hour must have started early today, or are you still out from last night?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Unless administered forcibly by a third party, I don't  think intoxication should ever be considered as valid mitigation.  It should , if anything, render one liable to more severe punishment. The perp is obviously a wrong'un,     easily identified by the trade mark "bum fluff"  moustache

On 12/29/2023 at 1:05 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You must be a pot head, they hate alcohol like it's some competition, "ffs".

No I an actually. But I dont worship drug takers. Evidently you enjoy drugs or so it would appear. Good for you but I dont share your opinion.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

So the authorities are relying on the statement of an incoherent, hallucinating suspect as to the drugs he ingested?

From the linked article:

When interrogated, Thanet was incoherent, but it was established that he had consumed a mixture of kratom and procodyl cough syrup, and smoked marijuana, leading to severe hallucinations and erratic behaviour. 

Procodyl seems to be a bit of a problem here, and is abused mostly in combination with many, many other "chasers", most often Tramadol (aka Taxi), Xanax, Dextromethorphan, 

• Agree 1

It was strongly suggested

No it was not, he stated that the victims of such cowardly attacks were never Muay Thai boxers or others  who are strong,   here is what he wrote , you might like to read it again before you make a bigger fool of yourself

"It seems that these "hallucinations" are quite selective in targeting children, women, old or disabled people. For some reason athletic men, Muay Thai boxers, or anyone who appears to be strong is never a target..."

Which part of that are you having trouble understanding?     Where does he suggest, strongly or otherwise that all Thai men are muay thai boxers

Looks like you have enjoyed another good lunch, Two days on the trot:burp:

Answers on a postcard please

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

So the authorities are relying on the statement of an incoherent, hallucinating suspect as to the drugs he ingested?

From the linked article:

When interrogated, Thanet was incoherent, but it was established that he had consumed a mixture of kratom and procodyl cough syrup, and smoked marijuana, leading to severe hallucinations and erratic behaviour. 

Procodyl seems to be a bit of a problem here, and is abused mostly in combination with many, many other "chasers", most often Tramadol (aka Taxi), Xanax, Dextromethorphan, 

probably wouldn't be difficult for him to feign incoherence if he thought it would help mitigate his punishment, they know every trick in the book, and the authorities fall for it every time. Thankfully I doubt a social worker will be provided to argue his case for him, unlike in the west.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

No it was not, he stated that the victims of such cowardly attacks were never Muay Thai boxers or others  who are strong,   here is what he wrote , you might like to read it again before you make a bigger fool of yourself

"It seems that these "hallucinations" are quite selective in targeting children, women, old or disabled people. For some reason athletic men, Muay Thai boxers, or anyone who appears to be strong is never a target..."

Which part of that are you having trouble understanding?     Where does he suggest, strongly or otherwise that all Thai men are muay thai boxers

Looks like you have enjoyed another good lunch, Two days on the trot:burp:

Answers on a postcard please

That is your opinion and you are entitled to have it. Similarly I am entitled to my opinion irrespective if it agrees with your or not. Lets agree to disagree.