Payment from Va disability from America to Bangkok bank Jan 2024

Payment for Jan 2024 by direct deposit from the bank of Bangkok of New York what date should it post I haven't gotten mine yet but the VA website said it was sent Dec 29th does anyone know when it will post?

My neighbour has a similar problem with her deceased husbands US military pension.

Because today is a Thai bank holiday the pensions are probably sitting safe and warm in the Thai banks central branch, as there is no human to transfer it to your personal bank account.

What I don't understand is that you can deposit and withdraw money from your personal bank account 24/7/365 but any inbound or outbound transfers have to be handled by a human being.

It is not as if the bank staff actually have to count the money by hand either.

I can get a 12 month bank statement from KBank branch on bank headed paper with the bank "chop" and a scribbled signature any time that they are open. It takes about 30 minutes.

BKK bank OTOH will only issue 6 months statement at the branch level, but for 12 months statements, the branch has to refer to head office and that takes 3 working days. They are very reluctant to put the bank "chop" and a scribbled signature as well.

Did your payment ever go into your account?

I expected mine today. When I called my bank (Krungsri) I was told I would need to wait 3-5 days. Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Who knows honestly.