Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Divorce - passport confirmation?

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Amphur 

OK , if they want it , you will have to go to your nearest embassy and ask for them 

to confirm your passport is real and is yours ,and give you a letter to prove this ,

regards worgeordie

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

OK , if they want it , you will have to go to your nearest embassy and ask for them 

to confirm your passport is real and is yours ,and give you a letter to prove this ,

regards worgeordie

Oh ok. So it is just a confirmation letter that the passport is still valid and belongs to me.

Gotcha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check the passport number on your marriage certificate, I suspect you've changed passport since you married. So maybe the letter from the embassy is to confirm your current passport was issued to the same person as the passport detailed on the back of your wedding certificate. In which case you might want to take both passports with you to the embassy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just to add, after getting it confirmed at your Embassy; you have to get that confirmation translated into Thai and a stamped places on it at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then take that to the Ampur.

Of course you must take the original Passport to the MFA.

3 hours ago, node said:

Just to add, after getting it confirmed at your Embassy; you have to get that confirmation translated into Thai and a stamped places on it at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then take that to the Ampur.

Of course you must take the original Passport to the MFA.

Looks like it's just easier to stay married 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

actually couldn't he just get a copy of his passport notarized at his embassy? 

I  got divorced  at the end of November 2023 at the Lak Si District Office. I had a renewed US passport with a different number.

Without any confirmation, after 30 minutes I had a divorce certificate.