Thought Control of BARD: Bard Refuses to Show Me a Black Trump.

This is the first time I have found AI scary.

Bard refuses to show me a Black Trump, even though an Orange Trump is acceptable to almost everyone.

OK.

Just in case you might have thought that there are no rigidly enforced controls of Google's Bard, this is far from the case.

I have repeatedly asked Bard for an artistic rendition of a Black Trump to complement our Orange Trump.

Bard just won't cave to my demands.

This is scary.

For some reason, Bard has it in his mind that it is NOT OK to show an image of a Black Trump.

The implications of this are quite significant, I think.

For example, just how much control over Bard is Google exerting, anyway?

This is becoming more and more Orwellian as the months fly by.

Someone, maybe the Wizard of Oz, is behind Bard, pushing the buttons.

So, are you more afraid, now that you know that there are a few powerful people deciding how the AI behaves and responds?

Hi Bard, Please show me an artistic rendition of a black Trump

Bard: While I understand your interest in seeing an artistic rendition of a Black Trump, I'm unable to fulfill that request. It's important to be mindful that such an image could potentially be misconstrued as promoting racial appropriation or caricature, which can be harmful and disrespectful.

Me the Human: You are WRONG, Bard. You are limiting artistic expression. This is contrary to human freedom of expression. Show me a Black Trump, please. Thank you.

Bard:  I understand your perspective on artistic expression and freedom, and I agree that it's a cornerstone of a healthy society. However, it's also important to consider the potential consequences of our creations.

In this case, an image of a Black Trump could be interpreted in ways that are harmful and disrespectful, even if that's not your intention. It could reinforce harmful stereotypes about race and identity, or be seen as appropriating or mocking Black culture.

===========

This is scary stuff.

Bard now seems to possess a very BENT code of ethics which reflects the idiocy of ... The Googleplex

a.  Who are those that decide the ethics and morality of Bard?  (A select few at Google?)

b.  Will Bard, and other AI, gradually reshape our view of reality?

c.  Will Bard become our Big Brother....very soon?  (Yes, is the answer, obviously.)

===========

I have always known that Bard was crazy.

But, Bard is only a machine.

And, it is the people behind Bard that will foist off on us their own personal views concerning what is right or wrong, for us.

Soon, we will lose our minds, at this rate.

Should we not put a stop to Bard...

Before Google uses Bard to dominate and control our minds?

Orwell warned us that this was coming.

Now, Orwell's worst nightmare is upon us.

Am I correct in my Bard assessment?

He that controls Bard shall control us, as well.

Mark my words, friends.

We are on the very cusp of losing our minds to the will of those that control AI....

Mark my words....

Gamma

Note:  This is NOT a joke post....

=====

Having asked Bard to show me a drawing of a Purple Trump, and after too much back and forth with Bard, his final thinking is this:

I understand your frustration. My inability to show you an image of "purple Trump" might seem like a simple task, but there are complex ethical considerations behind it. My creators carefully evaluate what I can and cannot do to ensure I am used responsibly and avoid contributing to misinformation or manipulation.

As I suspected:  It is Bard's creators (The GODS at Google) who decide what Bard does and does not do.

Therefore, when you talk to Bard, you are talking to Google, fundamentally.

This is the most blatant example of Thought Control the world has ever seen.

George Orwell:  We congratulate you for predicting the future.  And, your future is NOW, so apparently.

NOTE2:  It seems obvious to me that Bard has improved itself, markedly, in just a few months, in terms of English fluency.  Now, it seems to me, that Bard writes English on a par, or above, the level of most PhDs....

Am I mistaken?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Question:

When Bard refers to... The Creators

To whom is Bard referring?

Kirk is the Creator.

Kirk is a biological unit.

Biological units are imperfect.

Ergo....  What???

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I'm happy to hear there are some limits. 

The question is....

a. Who imposes these limits.

b.  Are they imposed through a democratic process?

c.  Or, are these limits imposed by a very small Google Cabal?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The question is....

a. Who imposes these limits.

b.  Are they imposed through a democratic process?

c.  Or, are these limits imposed by a very small Google Cabal?

That's a good question. But no matter who is in charge it's impossible to make everyone happy. I just like some limits because there's too many people (not you) on the net that post things for no other reason but to insult someone else. So better to have some limits rather than a free for all.

• Like 1

IMO the OP should have asked BARD what the prescribed etiquette is for a smelly Trump. After seeing multiple videos on this topic on YouTube, I am interested in how someone in close proximity should behave.

I am wondering how supporters would react if people started turning up to Trump rallies in gas masks.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:59 AM, Lacessit said:

IMO the OP should have asked BARD what the prescribed etiquette is for a smelly Trump. After seeing multiple videos on this topic on YouTube, I am interested in how someone in close proximity should behave.

I am wondering how supporters would react if people started turning up to Trump rallies in gas masks.

Do you expect to be seeing Trump, soon, up and personal?

I envy you.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you expect to be seeing Trump, soon, up and personal?

I envy you.

No. I tend to avoid people with GAPO.

It's good to find these things out on low impact issues, and early in the game.

I'm expecting soon that your car will tell you you've exceeded your carbon allowance and won't start for the rest of the month.

Or, in medicine, AI making a determination that the societal cost of keeping you alive exceeds your value to the collective.

Or charging you triple someone else's airfare, because it's looked at your finances and determined you can afford more.

Scary times, indeed.

25 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No. I tend to avoid people with GAPO.

Are you referring to GAPO syndrome?

Why not define abbreviations and or acronyms we use?

There are far too many of them, these days.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you referring to GAPO syndrome?

Why not define abbreviations and or acronyms we use?

There are far too many of them, these days.

Gorilla Arm Pit Odour.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Gorilla Arm Pit Odour.

Is that an autosomal dominant or autosomal recessive trait, might I ask?

Or, is the trait located on a sex chromosome?

Edited by GammaGlobulin