Samsung Galaxy issue

I had bought couple years ago a Galaxy to replace an existing Samsung that I had but in the interim got a Huawei with dual Sim

I had put few apps on the Galaxy but never used it per se. Fast forward.....thought I'd factory reset it as was giving it to a friend. Should have just deleted apps instead

The phone has gone into Chinese script from the factory reset.....I've got no way of obviously knowing what I'm clicking on. Thinking ok factory reset again see if it sorts it but of course same issue cant read whatever is there !!

Any suggestions....??

Thanks

Edited by Chivas

15 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I had bought couple years ago a Galaxy to replace an existing Samsung that I had but in the interim got a Huawei with dual Sim

I had put few apps on the Galaxy but never used it per se. Fast forward.....thought I'd factory reset it as was giving it to a friend. Should have just deleted apps instead

The phone has gone into Chinese script from the factory reset.....I've got no way of obviously knowing what I'm clicking on. Thinking ok factory reset again see if it sorts it but of course same issue cant read whatever is there !!

Any suggestions....??

Thanks

'Municipal' markets are owned/run by Chinese. Or at least they are in my area. Might be worth making a modest purchase and asking someone to reset your settings? Alternatively, could you use Google lens on another phone to translate the Mandarin into English?  

That model apparently resets to Chinese Mandarin script.

This Youtube video tells you what to do. 

If that doesn't work, clerks in your local Samsung shop probably know how to work through the options.  At least there you could look at a similar model and go through the icons to get to the language settings.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

If that doesn't work, clerks in your local Samsung shop probably know how to work through the options.  At least there you could look at a similar model and go through the icons to get to the language settings.

thank you appreciated

On 1/6/2024 at 7:57 AM, NoDisplayName said:

On 1/6/2024 at 7:57 AM, NoDisplayName said:

Unfortunately it doesnt work

First bit wheere it indicates scroll down from top of phone does nothing. Pain in the backside this albeit as before appreciate your help

is there anybody having trouble with Samsung website as I can complete my purchase, it keeps saying if I pay can't change address and I don't intend to change address but every time I click pay it comes up with that red line, called their service they said nothing wrong but still no able to proceed, tried to create new account to see if it would go thru, can not create account as trying to input the address the drop-down menu to select province and/or city doesn't provide choices, did try using 4 different browsers without any success

image.png.8a00bc95ab3078460a3b00c19563eb47.png

On 1/8/2024 at 6:11 AM, Chivas said:

Sorted it now

More by luck than anything else

Moral of the story dont factory reset when no real reason to do so !!   Just delete apps and any photos instead !!

I'm glad you sorted that out, @Chivas. I bet it took a lot of your time. I would also include accounts to be deleted in addition to apps and photos.

• Agree 1