Only Single-entry Non-Immigrant O visa based on marriage offered on web portal.

Nationality: Irish 

Embassy: Checked through the web portal with Thai UK visa portal. 

For the last number of years, I've been using the web portal to apply for a multi entry non-O based on marriage. I logged on today to apply for my new visa & they are only offering a single-entry visa. 

I work rotationally, with one month on one month off so this visa was perfect for me but alas I need to think of something else. 

Is Savannakhet still an option for the multi entry non-O? It's quite boring in Savannakhet & I wouldn't mind going somewhere else. Are there any other friendly embassies in nearby countries that offer same? 

I will be back in Thailand next month so I can get a single entry through the portal then bounce to whatever friendly embassy I need. 

Would I have enough time in Thailand to apply & receive the yearly extension based on marriage in 28 days? 

Following this. In the exact same position. 

I had confirmation from the London embassy that the multi entry was no longer available. 

My plan was to try and get the year extension, but also only have 25 days in the country each time I travel. Looking to use an agent to try and expedite the process. 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Savanakhet is still an option but you would need 400,000 in the bank.

The money is not a problem. OK, cheers, that's one option available. 

3 hours ago, Wayne9732 said:

So, Savanakhet now asks for 400k?

Just for the 90 days based on marriage?

For the one year multiple entry. The money doesn't need to be seasoned. At least that's what I heard.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:25 AM, rebbu said:

The money is not a problem. OK, cheers, that's one option available. 

If money isn’t an issue, do you think one of the Elite Visa packages might be worth a look ? 

5 hours ago, Mike T said:

If money isn’t an issue, do you think one of the Elite Visa packages might be worth a look ? 

F that mate, I'm married to a national & I wouldn't part with that money for an elite visa

On 1/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, rebbu said:

I was just chatting with a buddy & he said Singapore is an option. If anyone has any more info on this, I would be grateful. 

Singapore only offers the Non O SE.
https://singapore.thaiembassy.org/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-o-thai-spouse

Savannahket may be the only Consulate still offering the Non O ME.
Marriage certificate. Proof of the equivalent of THB 400,000, any bank.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:55 PM, rebbu said:

Would I have enough time in Thailand to apply & receive the yearly extension based on marriage in 28 days? 

Doubtful.

You'd need a Non O visa initially.
Extensions based on Thai spouse usually take 30 days to approve.

Extension of stay based on retirement is more doable given your shift patterns, but would require THB 800K in a Thai bank.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Doubtful.

You'd need a Non O visa initially.
Extensions based on Thai spouse usually take 30 days to approve.

Extension of stay based on retirement is more doable given your shift patterns, but would require THB 800K in a Thai bank.

Plus you would need to be around for the home visit after you collected the extension stamp in your passport which is usual on the first marriage extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im in the process of contacting an agent to see if my Non O ME can be extended by a year within 28 days. 

If that is not possible then Savannakhet will be the next option.

Worst case scenario I will take the hit at work and take the extra time off to get the first extension done. 

I’ve got a good few months left on my visa, so just planning what I’m gonna do 

20 hours ago, rebbu said:

F that mate, I'm married to a national & I wouldn't part with that money for an elite visa

I hear you, same here. 
I work outside of Thailand myself as well, but on a different rotation, three months on three weeks off. 
I just stamp in on an exempt for the few weeks. 
it works for me, but I could see how month on month off could get problematic. 
Best of luck with a solution.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I sent an email to the Ho Chi Minh Thai embassy & they are still offering the the non O based on marriage with multiple entities. All the usual paperwork, including my bank account. They didn't give an amount but I assume it's 400k. It'll be a better option for me than Savanakhet. Easier flight options plus I can do some touristy things. Savanakhet is so boring I was dreading the thoughts of going there. 

Edited by rebbu
Spelling

17 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Plus you would need to be around for the home visit after you collected the extension stamp in your passport which is usual on the first marriage extension

Cheers for the info. It's a non runner so.