Wuttichoke Bilingual School

ChangingMoon

A friend of mine that has no internet access at the moment is moving from Pitchit to Pattaya and would like some information regarding this school if anyone has any..

Any information would be gratefully received.

thank you.

Many better options out there for that price range.

I suggest your friend takes a look around the schools in their price range and decide after talking to the staff and a good look around the premise and facilities. My children are at BEST school in Pattaya but we are not entirely happy with it and looking for better alternatives at the moment.

Thanks for the input so far chaps.

Anymore as to the best options in pattaya in a similar price bracket?

You are faced with a difficult choice for many reasons.I worked at Best for approx four and a half yrs i still go to the school daily as my son studies there my take on this is simple Best is at the moment the best of a bad bunch in this particular school sector but Barry is spot on the place is getting worse in numerous ways . I FIND THE THAI AND FOREIGN TEACHING STAFF TO BE OK however i feel far too many fillipinos are being employed inturn being passed off as native speakers when clearly they are not. My main gripe is the state of the school its self and a distinct lack of leadership by the management and interest of the owner,anyone who visits must agree the place in general is dirty and facilities poor indeed the old school building is like the land that time forgot.....ref: Wutichot and Satit both have superior facilites but im not so confident about the academic side with constant teacher turnover rates,this is now happening at Best hence Barrys correct observation.The students i see on a regular basis seem to love attending Best school and definately dont lack confidence in many areas using both Thai and English languages so for now BEST gets my nod.....Another excellent option albeit slightly more expensive is Rayong English Programme School (R.E.P.S.) actually in Bang Chang part of the Garden school i worked there as a supply teacher very nice clean facilities and very well run group of teachers - worth a look.

Rambler has explained it perfectly, and my feelings are the same. Satit does not have a proper english program. Best just hired a ton of Phillipino teachers mid term. The turnover of Native English teachers continues to grow, and the average grades continues to deline, but as Rambler states this school remaines the Best of a worse bunch. One good thing is the students at this school scored th highest in thailand for English language this year. the educational standards for primary education in Thailand is very low, but as time goes on it will hopefully get better.

Barry

Thanks for posting this topic for me CMN. I'm in Pattaya now and will go visit Wuttichot tomorrow. And I'll think about Satit as well. BEST doesn't attract my interest for some reason.

I never really considered being a TEFLer in Pattaya but from the sounds of the responses you got I could probably get a job doing that pretty easy. My daughter has Filipino teachers at her present school in Phichit and I totally have come to the conclusion that they are dumbing down her English. Her accent was perfect just a couple months of ago and now it's getting aggravating. The TEFL teachers at her American school in Japan were fantastic. God they were good.

Thanks again mate.

My 4 year old has been going to Satit for a couple of years and loves it. The students get well looked after - the important bit - but I would agree the English teaching is not the best. Suggest paying a little extra for English lessons after school somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to see Rayong English Programme School yesterday and had a look around; we were very impressed. Compared to BEST school it is fantastic, the building is clean and cool and even though it was lunch time the children were well behaved and not running riot. They have a proper kitchen with a canteen for the children (indoors) and the food looked great, they have milk and fruit at break times and even the teachers said the food is excellent. They have a covered basketball court and share excellent sports facilities with the Garden international school next door. They have a science lab and art rooms for the sudents to use. They have native speaking English teachers and the classrooms and facilities look really good. It is slightly more expensive than BEST but only by about 10,000, THB, 40,500 including books, food and swimming. Our two children will be going to this school for the new term at the end of October no doubt.

My 4 year old has been going to Satit for a couple of years and loves it. The students get well looked after - the important bit - but I would agree the English teaching is not the best. Suggest paying a little extra for English lessons after school somewhere else.

Where is this school at exactly ? I can't seem to find it ?

We went to see Rayong English Programme School yesterday and had a look around; we were very impressed. Compared to BEST school it is fantastic, the building is clean and cool and even though it was lunch time the children were well behaved and not running riot. They have a proper kitchen with a canteen for the children (indoors) and the food looked great, they have milk and fruit at break times and even the teachers said the food is excellent. They have a covered basketball court and share excellent sports facilities with the Garden international school next door. They have a science lab and art rooms for the sudents to use. They have native speaking English teachers and the classrooms and facilities look really good. It is slightly more expensive than BEST but only by about 10,000, THB, 40,500 including books, food and swimming. Our two children will be going to this school for the new term at the end of October no doubt.

WELL SAID EMCROSS. Like i said in earlier posts i have experienced working at both Best and REPS and you have sumed up the differences perfectly . I would like to add REPS is very well run with an excellent foriegn head (David ) and Thai director ( khun Prakong) along with native speakers on a good salary and an owner with the right sort of vision and enthusiasm to design a state of the art purpose built place with excellent alround facilities - this forms a great platform for kids to study......indeed at the moment Best is lagging way behind with poor facilities,for sports,science,art,music,even basic things like the canteen and quality of food need improving,there is no foriegn head ,no Thai director (only an acting Thai principal/teacher) and an owner with little interest when it comes to investment.More seriously in recent weeks numerous native speaking teachers have left for what ever reasons im sure poor salary and organisation is a factor all replaced by Philippinos ,i am not against people from the Philippines (or any country for that matter) or the teaching methods they employ but they are flooding into Best for two main reasons - they are cheaper to employ on a far less salary and they never rock the boat taking any shit that is thrown at them . All of this said my son studies at Best and at the moment his teachers are great both Thai and foriegn they really try their best given more support ,investment and development the school could stop the general decline noticed by many in recent years.I am keeping a close eye on things and will consider a change for my son (to REPS)at the end of the year if things dont improve or get worse.

Satit is in the Soi opposite the aquarium "tent" - has Greenways driving range on one corner and a 7/11 (surprise) on the other.

............. also a big green sign with Satit Acadamy if I remember right.

Satit is in the Soi opposite the aquarium "tent" - has Greenways driving range on one corner and a 7/11 (surprise) on the other.

So - that is on Sukhumvit I take it.

Is it North or South? Between Pattaya Nua/Pattaya Klang; Pattaya Klang/Pattaya Tai; South of Pattaya Tai?

South of Tesco/Lotus/Outlet Mall?

South of the WaterWorld Aquarium? (The Singaporean fancy one)?

South of Jomtien?

REPS seems to be kindergarten / Primary only.

Is the Garden School the Secondary part?

They seem to run school buses from Pattaya for REPS. Same for Garden?

At the moment the Garden web-site is down, only REPS available.

Would appreciate further info.

The link to Garden is working fine now. Maybe you have their old site, just in case that's the problem here is the current one

www.gardenrayong.com

The Garden School is the International side, they have their own primary section and yes they do run buses.

We went to visit it last year. I have be trying to find out more about it as, until the recent posts , all I ever heard comments on were St Andrews. So I was pleased to hear positive comments on Garden/REPS

I was wondering if, apart from the obvious language difference, there was much difference in standard betwen REPS and Garden primary. My children are growing up bi-lingually although English is very much their dominant language.

• 3 weeks later...

So - that is on Sukhumvit I take it.

Is it North or South? Between Pattaya Nua/Pattaya Klang; Pattaya Klang/Pattaya Tai; South of Pattaya Tai?

South of Tesco/Lotus/Outlet Mall?

South of the WaterWorld Aquarium? (The Singaporean fancy one)?

South of Jomtien?

Humphrey:

As you drive on Sukhumvit past Lotus, towards Sattahip, take the left turn that goes to the K-9 School.

I don't know the name of this soi but it is perhaps 3 kilometers from Lotus. After you get on this road, cross the railroad tracks and take an immediate right turn. There is a sign at this soi. Follow this until you see the school.

Chok Dee. Let us know if these directions work.

Boogie / Chuckd

Thanks for info.

Our kids are currently in Aksorn (a Thai school) but their English is poor and it is a teach-by-rote school, as are most Thai schools.

I want to give them a decent grounding in English, but I think the only way will be to move back to Cambridge for a few (pronounced 'foo' in East Anglia) years.

Canbridge is also loaded down with private language schools, so there should be no problem. Being also a member on UK-Thai web-site (for Thai wives in UK to contact each other) I think I can persuade the family to go there, but whether they'll stay after the first winter, I just don't know.