Where to buy a laptop in Bangkok?

Erm...  Is this a serious question ?

Any IT shop in any of Bangkok's shopping malls - loads of choice. 

Or, Fortune town may have more choice.

It may perhaps be better for you to help others help you and offer what type of Laptop Computer you are looking for...

Brand, Model, OS, Speks etc...  

Or suggest what use you want to get out of a Laptop and perhaps others can advise you on a reasonably priced well functioning model etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Beyond the obvious BananaIT and JIB - both fine, if its lowest cost then consider the clearance section in Tesco Lotus, they always seem to have 2-3 laptops they trying to shift usually plastic Acers around 10-11k baht but good value at that price point even if its Acer...  all were at least 8gb ram, 256gb ssd the other day, a CPU within 2 generations of latest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm...  Is this a serious question ?

Any IT shop in any of Bangkok's shopping malls - loads of choice. 

Or, Fortune town may have more choice.

It may perhaps be better for you to help others help you and offer what type of Laptop Computer you are looking for...

Brand, Model, OS, Speks etc...  

Or suggest what use you want to get out of a Laptop and perhaps others can advise you on a reasonably priced well functioning model etc.

I don't really care about the brand. I just want to use it for online apps like Zoom, Viper, Whatsapp, etc.

11 minutes ago, eyeman said:

Beyond the obvious BananaIT and JIB - both fine, if its lowest cost then consider the clearance section in Tesco Lotus, they always seem to have 2-3 laptops they trying to shift usually plastic Acers around 10-11k baht but good value at that price point even if its Acer...  all were at least 8gb ram, 256gb ssd the other day, a CPU within 2 generations of latest.

Great advice, thanks. I had an Acer laptop in the past. Will check out Lotus's (which branch) and BananaIT. (I don't know JIB.)

How about MBK; a good place to buy a cheap laptop?

30 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't really care about the brand. I just want to use it for online apps like Zoom, Viper, Whatsapp, etc.

Tablets then ?

Do you have a price range in mind ?

The best selection of pretty much 'anything IT' is at Fortune Town, which is dedicated IT mall (at the beginning of Ratchada Rd, Rama IX end).

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, marin said:

I have used HP laptops for the last 12 years. My old 7 year old one is just so beat up I picked up a new one over the weekend. HP online have a good new years sale on with additional discounts as well. 9,000-70,000 baht. I like them as Windows genuine is included in the purchase price. Just got one I was looking at for 22,999 in December, got it for 14,999 so the sale is real. One day delivery by DHL and you can pay on delivery. 

Good deal, did you buy direct from the HP online ?.

32 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Good deal, did you buy direct from the HP online ?.

Yup, very happy. Having genuine Windows 11 built in along with Office is nice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Use your smart phone if thats all .

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Tablets then ?

Do you have a price range in mind ?

The best selection of pretty much 'anything IT' is at Fortune Town, which is dedicated IT mall (at the beginning of Ratchada Rd, Rama IX end).

Thanks. I will check out Fortune Town. My budget is less than 10,000 baht (if possible).

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Actually, I'll need it for online meetings, and my android won't do for that purpose.

Oh, OK. Cheapo laptop it is then.

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Anyone have experience with the Lenovo IdeaPad 1i (15", Gen 7)?

I had a Lenovo Yoga and the office used several IdeaPads.  Very poor reliability and terrible service.  I now avoid Lenovo.  Asus is my brand of choice.

16 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Your reasons being?

Tell what you recommending there and I’ll be specific. I don’t want to cover one device only for you to tell me that you were recommending another. 

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I had a Lenovo Yoga and the office used several IdeaPads.  Very poor reliability and terrible service.  I now avoid Lenovo.  Asus is my brand of choice.

I think, I need a crash-course laptops and notebooks for dummies...

Supposedly very similar, with the notebooks just a bit thinner and lighter? So, why are laptops much more expensive (3 or four times the price of a notebook)?

Also, any opinion about the Fujitsu LifeBook A574/M?

55 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I think, I need a crash-course laptops and notebooks for dummies...

Supposedly very similar, with the notebooks just a bit thinner and lighter? So, why are laptops much more expensive (3 or four times the price of a notebook)?

Also, any opinion about the Fujitsu LifeBook A574/M?

Yes. Old rubbish. In addition, unless you know how to install an SSD by yourself, don’t buy a laptop without one. 

I don’t have time to search for a good deal for you right now. I can only show you a comparison. It’s not a recommendation. 

For example, Lenovo IdeaPad 1i runs a Celeron 4500 CPU

This HP ProBook Gen 5: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hp-probook-430-g5-i5-8250u-m2-hdd-i5011557649-s21178053648.html is possibly six years old. 

But compare the difference in performance of the Celeron 4500 to the six year old i5-8250U

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/4227vs3042/Intel-Celeron-N4500-vs-Intel-i5-8250U

The Celeron is rather pitiful for 2023. Added to that, the IdeaPad is actually running a Flash card as a storage drive. Imagine those SD cards you put into your camera. One of those soldered in. Cannot be upgraded. Disposable laptop. 

By contrast, the older machine is designed for business usage with relatively high quality components that can be swapped in minutes.