Celebrating Your Birthday: Is this the Highpoint of your year? Or, Distasteful to you?

I don't know how you might feel about the celebration of your birthday, and maybe this depends upon one's age.

My view is that no birthdays should be celebrated until one reaches the age of 101.

image.png.3f9961bd6ba26f8695eab43a1f77e64f.png

And, furthermore, if you can get it up at age 101, just like this Bamboo Building in Taipei, at age 101, then you have something for which to really celebrate.

How do you see your birthdays, as time goes by?

This song still brings a tear to my eye.

INGRID was just so beautiful in this picture...and, she never looked better.

Time goes in only one direction.

When you get to age 101, then....

There is really only one thing to celebrate, and only one thing to look forward to.

Do you wish, as I, that you were already aged 101?

No worries once you reach 101....

Regards,

Gamma

Note:  Still, by age 101, I KNOW that this will be my go-to song for feeling better....

The lead singer here comes from Scotland, or his ancestors did...at least....

The guys from Scotland have a better perspective on the aging process....is my belief.

Do you agree?

NOTE2:  When I see these VERY beautiful black girls jumpin', like the fish are jumpin' in that other great song, Summertime, by Ella, it always puts a spring in my step.  I simply LOVE these particular girls in this particular song by this particular band, Talking Heads.  What could be finer?

Answer:  Nothing could be finer...

The older we become, the more wisdom and knowledge we amass.

But, you know, there will come the day when all knowledge amassed in our mortal minds will be lost as the electrical activity which represents our very soul will cease, and then....

What will we have to show for all these years of striving?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Is this guy for real? What is next? How to wipe or clean your a4rse? Or how to brush your teeth, or how to pick your nose? I could go on and on.

Please do.

Please do go on.

I, for one, enjoy reading your comments, and replying to your comments, for that matter...

In my 20's my birthday pi$$-ups were legendary.

Now I am in my 50's I do not view them as anything to celebrate. I just see them now as being 1 year nearer to death. 

Your 101st birthday will be very similar to your 1st birthday. Unable to speak, having to be looked after and fed and rolling around in your own pi$$ and $hit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Your 101st birthday will be very similar to your 1st birthday. Unable to speak, having to be looked after and fed and rolling around in your own pi$$ and $hit.

Could be true, as you say.

Or, it might be different for each individual.

Personally, I have never rolled around in my own pi$$ and $hit...

And so, I do not plan to do so in the future.

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Personally, I have never rolled around in my own pi$$ and $hit...

And so, I do not plan to do so in the future.

You probably did when you were 1 year old and it will be out of your control if/when you make 101 years old. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, still kicking said:

how to brush your teeth,

This will be my next Topic.

But, since teeth brushing is off-Topic, I will not say more here, except to suggest that, when one visits Tops, there are just TOO MANY toothbrushes on display.

My belief is that the shorter ones are better, and the longer ones do not get the job done, quite as well.

Stiff or Soft?

I have my own views concerning this aspect of toothbrushing, too.

Please wait for it....

I have some Science-based evidence to share, not to mention my own personal experiences with various toothpastes and brushes over the past seven decades.

Hopefully, I will be able to shed light here, in my next Topic, which will be helpful to others.

I am always aware that my Topics should be as informative and helpful as possible.

Tks for your continued interest...for sure!

13 minutes ago, Keeps said:

You probably did when you were 1 year old and it will be out of your control if/when you make 101 years old. 

I will still be in full control at age 101.

But, I am unsure about what my state of mind might be by age 110, and I agree with you about this.

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And I'm asking what will a day without the @GammaGlobulin regaling us with another of his mind boggling topics?...

It would be colorless.

And, who wants to live a colorless day?

You should thank me for all my efforts; it seems to me....regaling you, as I do....

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

Is this guy for real? What is next? How to wipe or clean your a4rse? Or how to brush your teeth, or how to pick your nose? I could go on and on.

He's the fella who doesn't know how to clean a toilet, saddo.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

No, I'm not much of a celebrator of birthdays. I used to get more excited when I was a child, but my parents were not the types to have parties and the like for me. Having said that with my own kids, we made a big deal, well gifts parties, dinners at special restaurant when the got older...that sort of thing. 

14 minutes ago, retarius said:

No, I'm not much of a celebrator of birthdays. I used to get more excited when I was a child, but my parents were not the types to have parties and the like for me. Having said that with my own kids, we made a big deal, well gifts parties, dinners at special restaurant when the got older...that sort of thing. 

No doubt, your children will remember, and remain appreciative of your efforts throughout their lives.

No doubt.

4 hours ago, Keeps said:

Now I am in my 50's I do not view them as anything to celebrate. I just see them now as being 1 year nearer to death. 

That’s a good thing after reading some of these threads. 

On that note, I do think there should be a moratorium on post-midnight (wherever one is located) posting. New threads + alcohol are seldom a good mix. 😋

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

That’s a good thing after reading some of these threads. 

On that note, I do think there should be a moratorium on post-midnight (wherever one is located) posting. New threads + alcohol are seldom a good mix. 😋

Have you ever been to the top of TAIPEI 101?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_101

Please go!

No I certainly don't make much of a big deal about it anymore, dinner with the woman, and then back watching a movie is a very pleasant evening for me. It used to be a big deal but that was a long time ago. Heard a great quote about age recently:

30s is too soon. Dying in your 30's is tragic. As is the 40s

Sympathy dissapates from there. 50s is such a shame 

60s is too soon 

70s a good run 

80s a life well lived

90s - a f***ing hell of a ride

56 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It would be colorless.

And, who wants to live a colorless day?

You should thank me for all my efforts; it seems to me....regaling you, as I do....

Some of have us have colourful life already without a nonsensical, external help...

1 minute ago, gomangosteen said:

Mine and daughter's are a week apart, usually a family dinner on the nearest weekend

This may reflect many a poster:

spacer.png

I read it.

Good.

Seinfeld is sort of an enigma...

He disappeared from public view, so suddenly, it sometimes seemed...whether true or not.

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

I take the snappy comeback as an admission that starting new threads and alcohol generally don’t go well together. 👍

Snappy

Snarky

Not the same meaning, of course.

And your original meaning was?