T7 or T7+1

factseeker

Yes, you use the TM7 form to obtain a 30-day extension (from exempt entry or Tourist Visa) and the charge is 1,900 baht.

I don't know if photo copying is available at Central Festival as I've never had to make copies there.  

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

I was at Immigration near the airport last week.  I overheard a man who had just gotten his extension.  He'd expected to get another 30 days, but they gave him only 7 days for his 1900 baht. 

They explained that he's allowed 2 extensions, the first one is for 30 days, but the second one is for 7 days.  The price is the same for both.

Understandably, he was not very happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBrad said:

I was at Immigration near the airport last week.  I overheard a man who had just gotten his extension.  He'd expected to get another 30 days, but they gave him only 7 days for his 1900 baht. 

They explained that he's allowed 2 extensions, the first one is for 30 days, but the second one is for 7 days.  The price is the same for both.

Only one 30-day extension is available for either a visa exempt entry or a tourist visa entry.  When somebody applies for an extension they are not entitled to, oftentimes the best one  gets is a 7-day time period to leave the country.  That's an "extension" which is likely subject to the discretion of the immigration officer (although commonly given to people in the same situation).  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CMBob said:

Yes, you use the TM7 form to obtain a 30-day extension (from exempt entry or Tourist Visa) and the charge is 1,900 baht.

I don't know if photo copying is available at Central Festival as I've never had to make copies there.  

Thnxs Bob,

First time I have done this as 'child bride' and I have always had 12 month Non O previously - want to go for one again but not until this Autumn -  get renewal date that suites,

I have until end Jan- so this coming Thursday gives me some  'wriggle room'.

Will get a copy done before I go.

Have a good day.

Rgds

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBrad said:

HI Mr Brad,

Now that is what you call 'shrinkflation'!   I try to be a 'good boy' - never mess with the 'rules'.

Had 10  very nice  years here - Retirement Visa - looking for more if possible - will start again this coming Autumn - 'future permitting'..

Rgds,