GPS gone awry

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Couldn't she see it was a wooden bridge for foot traffic only? If not maybe she shouldn't be driving at all

She was following the instructions on her phone.....sadly the Nav aid was set for a pedestrian or motorcycle. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A woman, who was relying on GPS to navigate the way to visit a friend in Phrae province on Sunday, found her car stuck on a small pedestrian suspension bridge over a river.

Please tell me she didn't try that in broad daylight?

13 hours ago, novacova said:

It’s probably a good idea not to assume google map will guide safely. Gotta know when to stop and turn around.

Critical thinking isn't a Thai trait.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just when we think people cannot possibly be any more stupid, there is someone to prove us wrong !!! 

You'll never be disappointed! They're everywhere!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Couldn't she see it was a wooden bridge for foot traffic only? If not maybe she shouldn't be driving at all

A lot of people here in LOS should not be allowed to drive. But we have known that for a long time.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know its been said before, I know its not just Thailand...  But really, that people can be this stupid and allowed to be in control (term used loosely) is frightening...

Equally as frightening is what a teacher once told me...   the knowledge that some of the utter dullards that he has taught are now driving around in cars is spine chilling.... 

And voting ... sends chills up the back.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

She was following the instructions on her phone.....sadly the Nav aid was set for a pedestrian or motorcycle. 

Sadder that she didn't have the sense to use her eyes and forget the phone

• Like 1

20 hours ago, edwinchester said:

There were friends of this woman who must of suspected, but weren't quite sure, that she was a <deleted> moron. She's just gone and removed any lingering doubt they may have had.

Her friends are probably just as dumb

Pretty much all has been said about this person's stupidity, but despite the fact that I worked in "Tech" all my life, I'm still appalled when people rely totally on it and just don't think!

There are people today who can't drive without the tech, can't do simple arithmetic, can't put a cogent sentence together, can't shop or cook etc etc.

And yet, we were all born with a very powerful computer that is there to help us with all this "stuff" if we only learn to train it and use it!

One needs to use the tech as a tool, NOT allow it to become one's master.

I, as an old git, am fascinated by AI, but equally I'm worried at how much it's going to make some people use their brains less than they do now.

And then when the tech fails.....where's your fall-back?

Edited by VBF
  • Agree 1