Pattaya Motorcyclist Loses Life in Hit and Run Accident

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai man tragically lost his life in a motorcycle accident on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya on the night of February 3rd, 2024.

The incident occurred around 11:46 PM. According to the Pattaya Police Station’s Deputy Superintendent for Investigation, Pol. Capt. Sanan Khotanont, a Kawasaki ER-6N 650cc motorcycle lost control while traveling on Sukhumvit Road near Soi Sukhumvit 87. The bike skidded for over 100 meters before coming to a rest on the roadside.

The rider, an unidentified Thai male believed to be between 25 and 35 years old, sustained fatal injuries despite the prompt response of emergency services.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

Sukhumvit is often a racetrack  for the bigger bikes when they get a clear stretch. Eat at a place on Suk north of town and see gangs on them often go by pretty fast heading North, probably onto Hwy 36. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thanks, but you'd think they will mention it in the article's itself BEFORE using 20 words to describe the full name, rank and shoe

size of the office in charge...

Understand what you are saying , but i suppose they are looking for clicks onto their site .

• Thumbs Up 1

What always amazes me is how according to the reporter the VEHICLE  always loses control which begs the question what the hell was the driver doing?

Surely the vehicle is only doing what a vehicle will do if the DRIVER is not in control.

RIP young man.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange how some deaths reach the news and others don't, a few weeks ago 3 white cars racing on Hua Yai in Pattaya, they crash killing an innocent scooter rider, never made the news

It could be the size of the bike that drew their attention, 650cc.

They want us bigger bike riders off the roads, so any news is good news it seems.

Being a glass half-full guy, we can all count ourselves lucky this reckless, highly irresponsible motorcyclist has departed for likely warmer climes without having killed or maimed anyone but his selfish, foolish self.  

'another vehicle struck the individual and fled the scene.'

'Police documented the accident scene and collected evidence and CCTV footage. They are currently attempting to identify the driver who struck the victim and escaped for potential legal charges.'

So hit & run is potentially not illegal presumably dependent on who the driver's father is?

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange how some deaths reach the news and others don't, a few weeks ago 3 white cars racing on Hua Yai in Pattaya, they crash killing an innocent scooter rider, never made the news

True... I wonder if its just whether the first responders (foundation rescue guys) or the Police decide to contact a media outlet or not.... and then the news gets picked up other media outlets from there.

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

Being a glass half-full guy, we can all count ourselves lucky this reckless, highly irresponsible motorcyclist has departed for likely warmer climes without having killed or maimed anyone but his selfish, foolish self.  

Perhaps instead of concentrating on your glass, concentrate on reading... 

It was a 'hit & run'..... 

Police documented the accident scene and collected evidence and CCTV footage. They are currently attempting to identify the driver who struck the victim and escaped for potential legal charges.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

What always amazes me is how according to the reporter the VEHICLE  always loses control which begs the question what the hell was the driver doing?

Surely the vehicle is only doing what a vehicle will do if the DRIVER is not in control.

RIP young man.

It seems in this case the 'loss of control' occurred after being hit by another vehicle which did not remain at the scene...

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps instead of concentrating on your glass, concentrate on reading... 

It was a 'hit & run'..... 

Instead of concentrating on my glass, maybe read the article.  On his own, he crashes first, at a high rate of speed.  Then is struck or run over by the car driver.   Had he not been recklessly speeding, he might not have crashed.  His fault.  From the article:

The rider, an unidentified Thai male believed to be between 25 and 35 years old, sustained fatal injuries despite the prompt response of emergency services. Eyewitness Mr. Phongsathorn Wiriyarat, 27, reported seeing the motorcycle rider traveling at high speed before losing control and crashing. Sadly, before Mr. Phongsathorn could assist the injured rider, another vehicle struck the individual and fled the scene.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, newnative said:

Instead of concentrating on my glass, maybe read the article.  On his own, he crashes first, at a high rate of speed.  Then is struck or run over by the car driver.   Had he not been recklessly speeding, he might not have crashed.  His fault.  From the article:

The rider, an unidentified Thai male believed to be between 25 and 35 years old, sustained fatal injuries despite the prompt response of emergency services. Eyewitness Mr. Phongsathorn Wiriyarat, 27, reported seeing the motorcycle rider traveling at high speed before losing control and crashing. Sadly, before Mr. Phongsathorn could assist the injured rider, another vehicle struck the individual and fled the scene.

Ah... right you are... My apologies for my initial comment...

I was incorrectly 'triggered' - turns out your comment is correct, and in retrospect, I agree with your sentiments, its fortunate that no innocent parties were hurt or worse.

Thanks for the correction 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ah... right you are... My apologies for my initial comment...

I was incorrectly 'triggered' - turns out your comment is correct, and in retrospect, I agree with your sentiments, its fortunate that no innocent parties were hurt or worse.

Thanks for the correction 

Thanks!

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

The header says "Pattaya Motorcyclist Loses Life in Hit and Run Accident" and it goe to say  "a Kawasaki ER-6N 650cc

motorcycle lost control" so where is the hit and run bit?...

You expect inaccurate journalism from these days